a few q's please

ang1684

How long did it take u from when u got of the plane till your boarded the ship?

are u aloud to take alcohol on the star?

with the cruise account card u get do u put money in to start with or do u pay what youv used at the end of the trip?

thats all for now but i promise there will be a ton more lol

thanks ang

How long did it take u from when u got of the plane till your boarded the ship?

That will depend what time your flight arrives compared to when boarding starts - which is normally around 11am in Brisbane. It's approximately a 15-20 minute bus/taxi trip from the Domestic Airport terminal to the Cruise terminal. We haven't departed from the new Terminal in Brisbane yet, so not sure about how long boarding takes. Someone who's been from Hamilton will be able to answer that I'm sure.

are u aloud to take alcohol on the star?

No, nor any other P&O Australia ships.

with the cruise account card u get do u put money in to start with or do u pay what youv used at the end of the trip?

If you register your credit card at the start of the cruise, the total amount of your cruise card account will be charged to that credit card at the end of the cruise. Depending on the type of credit card you use they may put holds of various amounts on the card during the cruise - so make sure you've got the money on there at the start.

thats all for now but i promise there will be a ton more lol

thanks ang

Ask away Ang - always a pleasure to help. :D

thanku so much.

wat if u have cash no a credit card??

do u have to pay for the shuttle bus to the cruise terminal?

ang

Not sure what the story with cash is - we used credit cards on Pacific Star, so just had the one transaction at the end. I think you have to put a minimum of $300 up front and then top it us throughout the cruise.

In Sydney we had to pay for the shuttle bus from the Airport to the Wharf, so I guess it's probably the same deal here in Brisbane. Living here we don't have to worry about it of course.

Kym

All questions pretty much answered. The P&O shuttle bus in Brisbane is free. All the brochures and head office say there isn't one but there was a person at the airport and told us to just jump on. Same deal going back. Our flights arrived around 8am. On but around 9 I would imagine. All just a bit of a blur. We were 2nd group to board and they called the 1st around 11 and I'd say around 11.30 for us. Definitely would have been onboard by 12.

I have another q.haha

what is the go with washing on the star?

do they have a dry clening place or serivice??

There is no passenger laundry facilities on Star, but there is a laundry service, and they normally have specials through out the cruise particularly on longer cruises. Not sure whether dry cleaning is available, didn't have the need for it! In fact we didn't have any washing done on Pacific Star at all - just took plenty of clothes! One of the advantages of sailing from the city you live in, there's no worries about baggage weight restrictions imposed by the airlines!

They have a laundry service like hotels. Price per item etc. however, on most cruises (twice on our 10night) they have a bag special where you can fill a bag for $20 wash only or $25 wash and iron. On our Sun cruise it wasn't fill the bag but 20 items.

They have a pressing service for a fee but no irons available. We took a travel iron with us. Discovered that you are not supposed to use them on board. We did and had no problems.

Archived