Vila - Cascade Waterfall V Glass Bottom Boat

wenmar

We are on the sun departing Sydney 10th January 07.

Cruise Doc arrived this week it was very exciting.:)

We were thinking of doing a tour 1st thing in the morning and then spending the rest of the day shopping and getting my girls hair braided (aged 8 & 10). Do you have any thoughts or comments re hair braidng in vila?

We can't decide if we should:

Do the P & O organised tour to Cascasde Waterfalls

Geta taxi and do the waterfalls ourselves (as recommened by our travel agent)

or

Do the glass bottom boat and snorkelling tour

My daughters said they wanted the glass bottom boat (hubby is not a fan of them). Is the glass bottom boat and snorkelling any good or are we only going to see 1 or 2 fish.

Would love to hear of anyone's thoughts or experiences regarding these tours.

Wendy

Sydney

Hi Wenmar im so jealous i want to go again too now !

I have done both the glass bottom boat and cascade. I did the 9 am glass bottom boat and it was unbeleiveable . they supply snorkel equip if u dont have you own. They take u to where there are loads of fish all sizes and colours then when ur in the water they throw bread in and all the fish swim around u. I did cascde with p&O only because i enjoy meeting the other people from the ship with the organised tour I personally think its more fun and u meet more people, The falls are lovely and u can swim under the waterfall and in the rock pool ( water is quite cold) hope this is a help

Jenny

i also have a q sorry for butting in on ur post lol

are u able to go on the boat tour and still have enough time afterward to wander and go shopping around villa? thanks heaps

When we were in Port Vila all tours were short, 2-3hrs, and all were done in the morning - there were no tours after about 1pm, and the ship left port at 5pm leaving plenty of time for shopping.

Hi Wenmar im so jealous i want to go again too now !

I have done both the glass bottom boat and cascade. I did the 9 am glass bottom boat and it was unbeleiveable . they supply snorkel equip if u dont have you own. They take u to where there are loads of fish all sizes and colours then when ur in the water they throw bread in and all the fish swim around u. I did cascde with p&O only because i enjoy meeting the other people from the ship with the organised tour I personally think its more fun and u meet more people, The falls are lovely and u can swim under the waterfall and in the rock pool ( water is quite cold) hope this is a help

Jenny

Thanks I think you have talked us into the snorkelling & glass bottom boat.

I was hoping to go snorkelling while we are away so glad of the positive feedback

Archived