Childrens Dinner Time?

cruisin_soon

Hi, I have just found this forum a few days ago and it has been great to read through all the posts and get so much information. I only have a week until my first cruise and Im so excited, I just wish I would of found this board earlier. I have lots of questions but my main one is if anyone knows whether there is still a childrens dinner sitting (we are taking 4 children). The travel agent told me no, but I have read some reviews that mention a childrens sitting. If someone who has been on the Star lately could let me know, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.:)

I'm not sure about the childrens dinner time because it is often different on different cruises. Maybe it depends how many kids are onboard. What I was going to suggest in case you haven't used it yet, is to use the 'search' for this forum. You will find heaps of info there.

On our cruise on the Star, 2 weeks ago, there wasn't a children's sitting, but it looked like the kids who were on the next table had special food - chips etc.

There was a special area for their supervised activities.

Yes, they do have their own menu they can order from. Or order of the regular menu if they wish. Dining room is very accommodating. In January after the first couple of nights of asking for a plate of tomato/cucumber, there was one there waiting every night for our daughter.

Edit: Doh, I forgot I was on Sandra's computer. It's ADF here.

Hopefully the booking process will go smoothly for you. The girls at Discover the World are fantastic and helpful (to me anyway). Are you booking locally or through Celebrity in the US?

Just had a look at the brochure.. is that on Infinity from San Diego, or Summit from Los Angeles.

What cabins do you have on hold. I was in cabin 8078 on Infinty. Ah.. the memories...:p

Back on topic... As it is getting close to the school holidays (most Privates already are), the chances of a kid's dinner is quite possible. Though, I suppose P&O have gone thorugh the Passenger manifest, and have decided that there isn't enough children to warrant a seperate dining time for the kids.

It seems a good idea to have a seperate dinner for the kids. I know on the American lines, kids eat at the early seating, or with other kids at the Kid's club.

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I guess we will just have to wait and see. It makes sense that it would depend on how many children are onboard. As we are travelling with 4 children aged 3, 8, 9, 12 I am interested in any suggestions for shore tours suitable for these ages. I have booked the Ekasup Cultural Village tour so far. Any suggestions as it cant be too much walking for the 3 yr old or we will end up having to carry him. My 12 year old also wants to know if he will be able to go to the 13+ age group activities as he is 12.5 and doesnt want to hang around with the younger kids. Do you think that will be ok? Im also concerned with my younger one (3yr old) wanting to be with his older brother and sister. All the info I have read states there are 3 age groups for childcare. How strict are they on keeping to the right ages? Thanks in advance for your answers. PS. Only 6 more sleeps, getting very excited now!!!:p

With regards to the kids club, we have found them to be very strict with ages. They have all kids ages listed so you cant fudge it. We had a friend going with our daughter last australian cruise who was three weeks away from being 13 and they wouldnt ;let her join.

However her mum kicked up a bit of a fuss as the girls were travelling together and they let her go the second day. This was during school holidays so this could make a difference

Your son may make a friend and then they can off doing their thing at the pool etc.

Just make sure he goes to the first night meeting.

They do have strict restrictions on the number of children in each group travelling on each cruise also

Archived