New York

JustRambling

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of booking our 2nd cruise on Carnival Miracle in July out of New York. I was wondering if there was a place where I can find the address where this port is so I can get directions?

Also, I am in the Northeast corner of Connecticut and we will be driving to the port. Was thinking of stopping somewhere along the way and stay overnight (inexpensively). We will be taking I-84 into New York state but once in NY, is there somewhere just outside the city where we can just stay overnight and then just drive to the port in the morning? What about parking? Is there a safe place to park while we are on this 8 day cruise? I don't really know anything about this port or the surrounding area, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of booking our 2nd cruise on Carnival Miracle in July out of New York. I was wondering if there was a place where I can find the address where this port is so I can get directions?

Also, I am in the Northeast corner of Connecticut and we will be driving to the port. Was thinking of stopping somewhere along the way and stay overnight (inexpensively). We will be taking I-84 into New York state but once in NY, is there somewhere just outside the city where we can just stay overnight and then just drive to the port in the morning? What about parking? Is there a safe place to park while we are on this 8 day cruise? I don't really know anything about this port or the surrounding area, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Our Summer house was in Westbrook,,,probably about 1 hour from you. Its an easy two hour trip from Westbrook so in total it should be about 3 hours. I would just drive it in one day. The parking at cruise terminals is safe.

BTW The way I would go is to take 1-84 to the Merritt and then the merritt straight down to the hutch to the cross county expressway to the its end and then the sawmill river parkway to the west side highway which will take you to the Cruise terminal...highway all the way.

Once you get close to the city there is no place to stay inexpensively and a three hour or so drive is really easy...for me anyway.

Our Summer house was in Westbrook,,,probably about 1 hour from you. Its an easy two hour trip from Westbrook so in total it should be about 3 hours. I would just drive it in one day. The parking at cruise terminals is safe.

BTW The way I would go is to take 1-84 to the Merritt and then the merritt straight down to the hutch to the cross county expressway to the its end and then the sawmill river parkway to the west side highway which will take you to the Cruise terminal...highway all the way.

Once you get close to the city there is no place to stay inexpensively and a three hour or so drive is really easy...for me anyway.

Oh Wow! Thanks for the directions! I'm going to print this out I think and put it with our other cruise-type papers. LOL! I guess if we wanted to leave at 8am, we could be there by 11:30am or so....would stop somewhere to eat a small lunch I guess. We like to get to the terminal early. My kids are usually pretty good on long rides....it's after the long ride that has me worried.....LOL! They tend to get a little on the rambunctious (sp?) side. Thanks again for directions. I'll be looking them up on a map so we can follow it on a map. Kids like to do that.

Archived