Velour Pant Suit in CA?

lovebug33

lovebug33,

You did not say when. Right now is fine, in August way to hot. I have a nice Michael Simon Velour that I love to travel with whenI go to the East Coast or Alaska, local since I live in SO CA not good for much of our travel.

You need to watch the weather forecasts. It can be 80 on Christmas day. When we travel I always look up the long range forecasts for the areas we visit.

It all depends, check the weather the day before you leave. Two or three days ago, I advised someone to wear sweats, as it was so cool here. Yesterday and especially today, it has warmed up considerably and I hope she isn't sweltering because of what I wrote.

When are you cruising?

Well, if you had it on today while embarking, you would be roasting. But, if you wore one this past Tuesday or Wednesday, you would have been comfy and perhaps wanted another layer.

Our weather is not predictable. You will more than likely need something warm for the first and last sea days, though.

It will be cold in the evening out on the water in Dec.

Inland close to Disneyland it was 73 and will go down to 41 tonight. Currently 69 at 5 pm. Cooler on the water.

You might want to add a windbreaker.

I also live in the Los Angeles area. One year at Xmas it can be 60 and the next 90 so I too would check our weather forecast before you leave. I think it would be fine to plan on wearing your velour pant suit and just wear either a light weight short sleeve top underneath if it is warmer here or a long sleeve one if we are having cold weather. If we are really having cold weather you might want to bring along another heavier jacket if you plan on being outside for the sail away as it can get really cold. I admit to being a born and raised Californian so I am also a wimp when it somes to the cold weather. Guessing you are sailing to MR or Baja you will also have cool weather the first day or so( and last one on way back) if we have cool weather in LA.

Vicki

Yes check the weather before you go. CA is typically a dryer heat than the east coast so the heat is more tolerable. You are probably find as long as you layer a lighter top underneath so you can take the jacket off in case it is warm. When on the ship you will probably be a little cooler with the wind and the air conditioning on board.

I always forget something important when I post! I am leaving in December.

You should be fine. It has warmed up the last couple of days here in Calif.

But when the sun goes down it gets really chilly. Rain in the forcast for this coming weekend. And as the others mentioned...cold first day out and last day back!

Have fun!

Archived