Snorkeling Freeport or Nassau?

marieadela

I will be at both these ports in January. This will be my sisters first time and she would like to go snorkeling. Which port would be better and were will you be able to see the most fish?

Thank you for helping me out. :)

ma

both are great for snorkeling.. take one of the ship's tours out to a reef..

I have been trying to go with Stuart Cove for two cruises and both times the weather got into our way. The cruiselines use Stuart Cove for diving but I understand they offer a great snorkling outing. You can do a google search for them and the price includes pickup at the pier and a three stop snorkel.

I really want to do this tour weather permitting as the third stop is snorkeling with sharks.

I believe the only reason you can not book this snorkel through the cruiselines is so that they dont have a monopoly for excursions

I was in Nassau on a cruise this past March and took the ships excursion to Rose Island. This is a small private island where you snorkel from the beach, which I don't usually like as well because usually you don't see as much variety. Well, it was fantastic. We saw lots of gorgeous fish and coral. It was easy snorkel entry but you could go quite a ways out. The beach was clean and they also served lunch.

Archived