Costa Quality Slipping Badly?

Giorgi-one

We cruise on the Costa Victoria (1998) and the Costa Atlantica (2001) and had great times on both cruises. My cousin and his wife were on the Costa Atlantica in February and said it was horrible. Food was bad, bread was stale, service really bad. Has Coasta slipped that much since Carnival took over?

• 2 months later...

And I like Carnival, so if what your saying is they sucked because they were owned by Carnival your wrong. Carnival was 100 times better than Costa. Costa is in no way like Carnival, wish they were. Princess and alot of other high end cruise lines are also owned by Carnival. So now, what was the point

you were trying to make?

My wife and I sailed the Costa Victoria in 2003. We thought it was the best cruise experiance we ever had. We have sailed most of them except Princess. My brother-in-law and his wife have sailed Princess and said it was the worst cruise they ever had.

We like Costa so much we are on the Atlantica this coming November 28th.

But, I have never had a bad cruise. I have been on some that were better than others, but I have never came home and said the cruise was horrible.

I truly believe attitude determines whether you have a good cruise or not. Plus you must take into consideration what the whole week is costing you. We don't drink and have been to all of the ports more than once so we don't take ship excursions. Tips are normally all we ever pay above our cruise fare. So for the dollars I spend, I think, all cruises are extremely good bargins.

Don

Dawcruiser - I couldn't agree with you more. Attitude is everything, as well as good planning. I can honestly say my and family and I have never had a bad vacation, and we travel a great deal. Like you said, some were better than others, but they were all wonderful experiences. I do my homework before we go, and we always have a great time. Costa Atlantica was a great cruise for us. It is unlike any other line, and we really enjoyed the differences. I think some people go just looking for the negative, and with that attitude, they are more than likely to have a negative experience.

If you go on a cruise with the idea I am going to have a good time no matter what. Then the purser could be rude or not speak English and you say so what. I am not going to allow that to ruin my vacation.

But on the other hand if you expect every whim of your's attended to and now then you have the wrong attitude and will have a miserable time on the cruise.

Hope that helps.

Don

Archived