Question for those that have disembarked at Miami

tflanag1

Did exactly that last June when we got off the Valor. We did self assist and got off at 7:30AM. We took a cab, which is a lot faster. Some lady tried to get us in a van with 10 other people, we said no, found a single cab and we were at the airport by 8:15AM. Had coffee and boarded our AA flight at 11:30Am back to Chicago.

We are going on the Miracle in march '07 and have an 11:15AM flight out of Tampa.

I agree that an 11:30 flight out of Miami leaves quite a bit of wiggle room - I think you're pushing your luck on the Tampa thing. Couple years back on the Inspiration and we were organized and did everything right. Fortunately we were driving, because we would never have made an 11:15 flight (nobody did). There's a lot more that can go wrong as ship pilots up to Tampa as opposed to Miami, PE, or even Port Canaveral. As Tampa is a smaller port, they don't have the resources their to make up time if the ship arrives late.

Back to the Miami thing - It probably depends on the idividuals nature. Most likely you will have pleanty of time - but if you're going to spend your whole vacation fretting about it or compromise packing they way you want to pack to do the self assist thing - then look at later flights out of West Palm. Usually when there is a significant difference in price between the late morning flights and the early afternoon flights, West Palm is still wide open in the afternoon. A one way car rental should not cost more that $50 and our time from port to airport was an hour and 15 minutes.

I wouldn't worry!!! I don't think 11:30 is too early at all.

It it were 10:30, I would worry a little.

You just won't have any time to waste when getting off the ship, and to the airport.

That's the time we were looking for, to leave Miami.

we did self assist also on the valor this past may, and were off the ship by 8:30 am and had to wait until our 11:00 am flight. the year before we were told to take a later flight and had to wait in the airport for 7 hours! never again i would risk booking the earlier flight (and we did) and it turn out ok. the worst that could happen you'll be on standby for a later flight which is what you would have book anyway. relax and enjoy

hi,

i am taking that same Airtran flight and will be taking taxis now that i know. I am hoping that arriving on a sunday helps with traffic. I can move with the best of them so i will be up and ready to roll. If the ship has problems i'll just have to go with the flow. Now i know what a taxi costs so i can have my money ready to go too. Thanks for all the info everyone. It really helps to have this board to answer questions like this.

michelle

Archived