Triumph Piano Bar Ed Rocks

Mooguy

Does anyone know if Ed Rocks still plays on the Triumph? This was by far the best time had at a piano bar onboard a cruise. I was just on the Sensation and Johnny S. http://www.johneroc.com was great but just had a hard time grabbing the crowd and I think part of this is due to the location of the Piano bar and the not so comfy stools around the piano.

If Ed is still around does anyone know if he has a web page?

Received from Ed Rrocks yesterday..........

Hi Norman,

I hope that your surgery went well and that you're resting well.

I am still on the Triumph and will be here through August 21st.

J.H. was supposed to come back to the Triumph but it turns out that he is going to the Glory for a short while before bringing out the Valor in December.

Cheers,

Ed...

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Triumph yesterday, and Ed Rrocks was the best part of our cruise. We were so impressed with his talent and the fun he generates in the Big Easy Bar at night. He was the best entertainment on the ship. One night he played for over 2 hours before taking a break. He is a phenomenal pianist and entertainer. I don't know why Carnival doesn't "advertise" him more. He is very personable and even sat down and talked with my husband and I during one of his breaks. He'll be on the Triumph for only 3 more weeks (through Aug. 21), so if you are booked after that, you'll miss him. He shared with us that he's going to open a dueling pianos bar in Cozumel in the future. That will give C&C's a run for its money.

He's headed back to NY in 3 weeks from what he told us. He's actually "on vacation" while he's playing on the Triumph. He will be working with Sting in NY in September and headed to Vegas in early October I think. He has a cruise on the Valor booked for May 2005, but it is almost sold out. He has booked the entire ship for a week for Ed Rrocks fans and is bringing in his own entertainment, including Robin Williams and Blood, Sweat and Tears!

Negotiations are underway...........it WILL happen! Keep your ears and eyes on this board (and if not here on other message boards that do not censor articles)!

I am in touch with Ed Rrocks on a daily basis and as soon as I can confirm anything from Ed himself, I will!

Take care........

• 7 months later...
Negotiations are underway...........it WILL happen! Keep your ears and eyes on this board (and if not here on other message boards that do not censor articles)!

I am in touch with Ed Rrocks on a daily basis and as soon as I can confirm anything from Ed himself, I will!

Take care........

Did anything ever develop on this?

Archived