Baby's room?

Floyd's

Cribs are available for every cabin classification. Don't expect the ship to have as many cribs as there are cabins. A baby is consider a mature passenger when it comes to lifeboat capacities. Every ship has far more beds (plus cribs) than its lifeboat capacities. Therefore you could find capacity limitiations preventing you from booking a cabin classification.

Some cruises do not allow under 4 months..others do not allow under 6 months.

so figure your baby has to be at least old enough to cruise.

Most cruises you will have to pay the full 3rd passenger fare also-- no matter what the age.

Is there such a thing as a cabin that is acceptable for a baby to travel in and one that isn't? (being told this 3rd party from travel agent....) What makes it so?

I never heard of this. Which cruise line are you considering?

I think the agent means room for the crib plus other passengers in the same cabin.

For example, Norwegian would not let my family of 4 (one infant) book a mini-suite because there would not be enough room for my husband and I to sleep in the bed, my daughter to sleep in the pull out couch and my son to sleep in a crib. There just wasn't enough floor space once the couch was pulled out.

However, a regular balcony cabin with pullman beds would work because my daughter's bed was above floor level.

Some cruise lines will only let you book a cabin that is a 3 berth or a quad if you are travelling with a small child even if that child is not going to use the bed but will sleep in a crib. We found that with the QM2, had to book a 3 berth (and there weren't many left!) as the computer doesnt allow 3 names for a 2 berth cabin.

Cheers

Timmi

Archived