Single 1A???

rburns44

I have booked the Inspiration for 12/25/04. Booked a 1A for myself and a 4A for my son and DIL. I will be happy anywhere on the ship but wondered if because I am alone in a cabin they will not even consider me for an upgrade. I know Xmas is a tight time for cruises. Just curious. Any experience with this? Thanks!

Becky

Make sure you have some things in place to increase your chances :

1) If you are a past guest of Carnival (or HAL or Princess) be sure that your reservation has your past guest number on it

2) make sure your reservation is cross-referenced with your other family members so that they know you are travelling together.

Here's my experience :

We booked at Cat 8A balcony on the Legend and booked my MIL in a Cat 1A single and did steps 1&2 above. She was upgraded to a Cat 5A (French doors obstructed) same deck as us, pretty close...not a bad upgrade.

I booked an 11 aft wrap around for myself and a friend. We are both past Carnival guests. I booked a 1A for my DD for her first cruise. Our reservations are linked. Do you think DD has much of a chance for an upgrade not being a past guest but linked with a past guest?

On my recent PRIDE cruise I had booked a 1A guarantee the last moment and I was upgraded to a 5A (outside cabin with opening french doors and an obstructed view). I was tickled. I'm a past guest, but booked so late (6 days before the cruise) that I didn't think I would get an upgrade. Oh well ! ! :D

If you have booked a guaranteed cabin then there is a chance of an upgrade unless the ship is full. Rule of thumb is book something that you will be happy with regardless. Also what do you consider an upgrade, are you looking for a different cabin level, inside to outside, different size cabin?

Thanks for the answers! I know not to expect an upgrade just wondered how it was for a single. Anywhere on the ship is fine with me! And I will check to make sure we are cross-referenced. Am taking my son and Dil but since they are newly-weds they have a 4A. Didn't think they would like 2 bunks!

Becky

I've had 1A guarantees on Carnival three times. Travelling solo. Never got an upgrade. If there's just one person in the cabin, the 1A is just as nice as the 4A. The cabin actually seems bigger because it only has one bed.

I've got another 1A on Conquest this fall. This time I know there will be no upgrade. Conquest has a few 1A's with portholes, and I grabbed one of them about a year ago.

Exact opposite experience here, I've booked 6 cruises on carnival, all 1A single occupancy. Every time I booked a "garantee " I was upgraded to a higher category inside cabin except for once when I made it all the way to a 5A porthole. The one time I booked a confirmed cabin in the 1A category I got the exact cabin I booked (to be expected I would think) I've actually never met anyone who booked a 1A guarantee and didn't get upgraded.

Rob

I booked a 1A for my mother on the July 3rd sailing of the Miracle. The ship was sold out but she was upgraded all the way to the Express level. She was still in an inside cabin (6A) but we considered it a monumental upgrade cosidering the difference.

Archived