Dinner Reservations-Best Way?

Wagonmaster

What is the best way to make dinner reservations with the free style cruising concept. I have heard several ways--stand in line in the morning for reservations that night--call the resturant (when?)--make them all at begining of cruise?? I would appreciate any advice.

Cruising on the Dawn 1/28/07

I know that what I'm about to say flies in the face of the Freestyle concept, but on my March cruise, I made reservations for all the restaurants in which I wanted to dine on the very first day of the cruise. We generally knew which restaurants we wanted to try, and I simply took a guess on which nights we would want to go, so I booked them all at the same time. It actually worked well for us because we were able to vary our dinner times and were able to try a variety of different dining venues.

I agree with the other poster.. make the reservations as soon as you can ,, you can call the reservation number on your phone in your cabin it should have a speed dial for that, i think they take reservations 8a-5p.. its bettter to do it that way if you want to eat in the resturants since we tried to make them same day and they were always booked . or they would just have a 9p m opening , who eats dinner at 9p, so we mostly settled for the buffet which was still good, but especially if you have a lot in your party , i would do it right away , you can always cancel 24hrs ahead i think with no penalty

in case you didnt want to go there,,

Archived