Magica Dec 3 Sailing -- Late Departure??

snipboy

Yea, I was watching on the web cam myself. It didn't leave until 10:30. Was scheduled to leave at 7:00 according to cruisecal.

I also noticed today that they did not stop at Key West, but I am not sure if they were supposed to???

Kurt

Not certain if the two events are in any way related, but the big cruise ship news down this way was that the Freedom of the Seas returned to Miami on Sunday with 384 passengers striken with norovirus symptoms :eek: ; perhaps the Magica spent some extra time in port scrubbing & sanitizing?

I'd like to know what happened. We were slightly delayed on our Nov 26 departure. Maybe 1 hour or so. Would a ship stay in port for delayed passengers for that long? Wouldn't expect so. Something must have happened.

I was thinking to myself, it must really suck to finally get on the ship, then be delayed for 3-1/2 hours. But the more I think about it, your still not at work, and still on vacation, so how bad could it be?

Snip, I hope you had a Great cruise, will be looking for your review.

Kurt

wow 10:30 is late.

yes they were schedualed in key west.

i have heard about the freedom but the reason for magica's delay is anyones guess.

and yes the ship can be held up for even and hour or more becasue of late flights. ultimately it's up to el capitian!

We were on the Dec 3rd cruise. Late arriving flights coming from Chicago and New York were given as the reason for late send off. Costa also had a ton of travel agents aboard that afternoon with alot of activities for them. All in all it still wasnt a bad cruise:)

We were on the Dec 3rd cruise. Late arriving flights coming from Chicago and New York were given as the reason for late send off. Costa also had a ton of travel agents aboard that afternoon with alot of activities for them. All in all it still wasnt a bad cruise:)

Thanks for the reply. This is nice to know!

I figured it was delayed flights that the cruiseline had booked pax on (cuz they won't wait on pax if they didn't book air thru cruiseline). The weather is too often a variable on winter voyages due to snow/ice in northern & midwestern areas--been thru that before. Ugh!

Archived