QM2 handicapped suites

imacrusing

Considering the NY - 24 day roundtrip 9/4/07.. Has anyone sailed in 9025 or 9034 handicapped Suite?

I am new to Cunard..always been a HAL sailer...What specialities does the Q5 suites offer??? Is there a ramp into bathroom for wheelchair/scooter....Is there a ramp to get out onto balcony...

Please offer any help, observations etc...This trip seems so much better than flying and hauling the scooter etc.

Also, parking at pier?? cost since gonna be there for 24 days...or any other options???

Thanks in advance

Linda

Considering the NY - 24 day roundtrip 9/4/07.. Has anyone sailed in 9025 or 9034 handicapped Suite?

Linda, here is what I had to say about 9034 back in August.

"In June 2004 my wife and I were upgraded from PG 10050 to "wheelchair accessible" QG 9034. The bathroom in 9034 was huge: a large walk-in shower, no tub, a toilet surrounded by railings, and no hooks or racks above waist height. This space was created by eliminating the walk-in closet and dressing table. They gave us two wheeled clothes racks so that we were able to hang our stuff.

Fortunately for us we were there only one night because the lady in 9043 couldn't manage the steps to her bathroom and tub so the Chief Purser asked us to swap. We were delighted to oblige.

If you have a choice, don't take a "wheelchair accessible" unless you need it,

or you learn that the closet space has been much increased since 2004."

There was a ramp to the balcony; the bathroom was a cabin level, no step. You can read the whole "Handicapped cabins" thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=400012

Hope this helps,

Paul

Tyanks for your reply..I need the handicap bathroom..so dont care about the closets...a rolling rack is just fine..Just off HAL ship in partially accessible cabin...had a 6" step up into bathroom. So husband had to help me up into bathroom for a week..so trying to avoid that on a 24 day cruise.

thanks so very much

I was looking at Youtube today and found a little video of a handicapped suite on QM2. It is a Q7 suite. This might give you an idea of how it looks.

The bathroom in 9034 was much larger than what this shows. Also, the shower was dark. Lots of lights in the bathroom, but none in the shower.

Paul

I was looking at Youtube today and found a little video of a handicapped suite on QM2. It is a Q7 suite. This might give you an idea of how it looks.

Thank you so very much..a picture is worth a thousand words

I found the Q7 is what they call the handicapped suites..so thank you so very much

Archived