Shopping Guarantee Website for Cunard

judy&steve

We left the ship without filling out the paperwork for the Cunard Guaranteed Shops. I got caught up in all the hype and wound up purchasing a watch and paying quite a bit more than I would have in the States. I'm not sure what they will do for us, but several years ago, we purchased a TAG watch aboard a ship and it was a lot less money here than there. We were issued a refund check for the difference. Very painless.

Thanks --

Judy

Did they have any new unusual items in the shops? Do they still have the Vodka, Gin & Whiskey in the see thru bottles with the ship picture in it?

I remember everything in the logo shop was quite pricey, but you have to have to souvenirs. LOL:D

Did they have any new unusual items in the shops? Do they still have the Vodka, Gin & Whiskey in the see thru bottles with the ship picture in it?

I remember everything in the logo shop was quite pricey, but you have to have to souvenirs. LOL:D

They still sold the c-thru bottles late September, I have one (scotch) next to me as I type!

Just poured another glass, hic!

They still sold the c-thru bottles late September, I have one (scotch) next to me as I type!

Just poured another glass, hic!

Aren't they great? We brought back 2 for gifts and everyone else were fighting over them .:D

[Do they still have the Vodka, Gin & Whiskey in the see thru bottles with the ship picture in it?

I remember everything in the logo shop was quite pricey, but you have to have to souvenirs. LOL/QUOTE]

On QE2 they also have the light green colour bottle with rum, so nice you dont want to open them !!! My four are sitting here! unopened

they had the liquors you described. We actually were going to purchase some Sapphire Gin because it was a remarkable price. We had no idea how to get it home, however. The TSA took great glee in finding and tossing away my toothpaste. I can imagine what they would do with liquor. I couldn't risk the extra weight in our luggage. I didn't know how to pack it without breakage.

So, no liquid souvenirs for us.

As far as the shops, there was some interesting stuff in the H. Stern shop. I was a little disappointed with Hermes and Chopard.

I got some beautiful Tahitian pearl earrings at the H. Stern shop. They are not H. Stern, but some other designer. I think I am going to have them appraised to make sure we didn't overpay for that purchase as well.

My problem is with a purchase I made at Diamonds International. I know better, but I got talked into a watch that I didn't really want or need. I feel extra stupid, because I looked up the price of the watch online and the retail in the US was actually much less than the "discounted" price I got from DI.

Judy

My problem is with a purchase I made at Diamonds International. I know better, but I got talked into a watch that I didn't really want or need. I feel extra stupid, because I looked up the price of the watch online and the retail in the US was actually much less than the "discounted" price I got from DI.

Judy

I've heard a lot of complaints about them lately. Over the years we have bought a lot of things from them, never anything extra expensive. My last purchase was a Philip Stein watch that was $500. It's about the same price as their website.

I'm on the next voyage, if there's a form I can get and mail or fax to you I'll be happy to. They have a web site and also a phone # if you would like to call: 800 51-jewel

shopdi.com

Archived