Viking Sun as a Cruise Condo?

I was hoping my friends on the boards could help me out. Recently I stumbled on an article about a company that was taking "midlife" ships and combining the cabins to make larger staterooms to sell as condos (similar to "the World" concept only with an older ships) I went to the company's website and the deck plan was obviously the old Viking Sun.

I forgot to bookmark the site, does anyone else know out it?

It would be interesting to see the old viking sun out and about again (isn't she sailing out in asia right now?)

Thanks in Advance

Rob

I checked the web site and this sounds like a big boondangle to me. They are selling inside suites for about $500,000. I find it hard to believe that anyone would pay that much money for a room with no windows. These $500,000 cabins are also only 224 square feet so they are not very big. They are also using a very small ship so there won't be a lot of room for amenities. Worst of all, is the age of the ship if it is one of the ships mentioned. They might refurbish the cabins but what about the rest of the ship. Are they replacing all the plumbing, the AC, the engines, etc. They also claim the ship will be 10-15 years old so it can't be the Sun Viking/Viking Sun. They also claim you can rent your suite for at least $3,000 per week for the cheapest suite subject to a 30% management fee. I don't know about you, but I would not pay $3,000 per week to stay in an inside cabin. I could have a balcony cabin or a minisuite for that price on most other ships.

The part I really like is question 28 in the FAQ's -

28) Q – Do I get to conduct a “walk-through” before I purchase?

A – You will close your sale based on the description and specifications outlined in your cruise ship condo document. If, when the ship arrives and you are able to conduct a walk-through, there are any discrepancies in the actual condition of the suite, we would be in default and have to (by law) make corrections.

You have to buy your cabin without ever having seen it. DUHHHHH! It looks like nothng but a carefully crafted sales pitch to me....

Archived