Inside NYC cruise terminal

trish1c

I just perused the offical link & was dismayed that there were only pictures inside of the Brooklyn terminal. I have heard the inside of the one on the West Side is not so nice & am worried that's why there were no pictures. :(

Can someone describe it for me, please? When the car service drops us off, how far will we have to walk to the check in windows? One of my traveling companions doesn't walk well. Are there any seats anywhere before we actually board?

I've previously sailed out of Miami & San Juan if that helps so you can give me a comparison.

The car service should be dropping us off between 12:30 & 1 for a 2 pm boarding (per the website; hopefully it will be earlier) & a 4 pm sail away. The Dawn should be the only ship in port that day. Do you think there will be huge lines?

There are plenty of seats in the NYC cruise terminal - way more than there are in the Brooklyn terminal.

The NYC terminal is older, but it is fine. When the car service drops you, you walk right into the building to the check in windows - they are not that far. Then there is seating inside. If you have a lot of bags, you can get a porter to push them for you. And you can ask for a wheelchair for your friend.

If the Dawn is the only ship in port, you shouldn't have much of a line. I have been to that terminal many times, unless there is a computer glitch, it works pretty efficiently. There is a but if a walk from the seating area to where the ship is but, but this is no different than any other cruise terminal I've ever been in.

I agree the Brooklyn one which is newer is nicer and has much less ships. Manhattan's piers are older and being renovated. From the Car service your first go through secuirty before you get to the check in. There are seats upstairs before the check in but they should be relatively little lines at around 2. I try to get there myself at 12:00 normally boarding starts at about 12:30. Its about a 2 block walk from the entrance to the actually place where you board the ship. You then normally have to walk back to the gangways to get on. There are chairs after check in but before you board.

There are three finger piers in Manhattan one is closed for renovations and it is rare that more than one ship leaves from one of the fingers.

And you can ask for a wheelchair for your friend.

Do the wheel chairs work like at the AP -- you can just ask for one & use it to transport people across long distances?

She can walk & is fine aboard ship but I worry about her standing for a long time.

Hopefully we'll miss the long lines.

Archived