Q's? About Jade restaurant on Monarch of the Seas

Jade is part of the Windjammer. It is buffet style, no extra cost. On the ships I've been on it is to your right as soon as you walk in. I just eat the different types of rolls. They're not as good as if you go to a sushi restaurant, but not bad.

Jade is part of the Windjammer. It is buffet style, no extra cost. On the ships I've been on it is to your right as soon as you walk in. I just eat the different types of rolls. They're not as good as if you go to a sushi restaurant, but not bad.

Wrong! On Monarch of the Seas, Jade is a separate Asion Fusion restaurant with fresh sushi, unlike the other ships, and it does carry a charge. I am not sure what the charge is, but Monarch is the only ship were there is a charge. It is not part of the windjammer and is upstairs from there.

On the Monarch, they serve all kinds of sushi...rolls and other wise. On the other ships, they only have a few rolls with no raw fish. Jade on Freedom was not very good. I have heard that Jade on Monarch is great as it is more like a Japanese restaurant or sushi bar. I will find out next month.

I've been on the 4 day cruise on this ship twice. LOVE IT! The sushi rolls are usually around a dollar or two - it's been almost a year since we've last been on, but that was the price last January. Also, be aware that they aren't always open when they say they will be - they were down two nights of the four when we went last time. We are going on the special five day New Year's cruise this year - leaving on 12/29.

ANYONE ELSE GOING TO BE ON BOARD?

Just off my first cruise. Monarch 3 day Baja. Got home Monday 12/4. Did not eat at Jade, but looked at menu and sushi was priced reasonably. Rolls started at around 2 bucks. It is upstairs from the Windjammer. At the midnight buffet, there were a few pieces of sushi at no charge.

The very front or forward part of the Windjammer is also called Jade, which has a full buffet like the Windjammer, but with more asian types of things. Upstairs from there is the Sushi restaurant. I wanted to clarify because alot of times when we went into the Windjammer for lunch it was very crowded, but if you walk up front to the Jade section the buffet would be almost empty, so no waiting in line etc... And I think the seating is better there also.

Archived