Cuban cigars

fanofseas

Do they sale cuban cigars on the ships? If not can I bring them onboard when we are in the bahamas? I want to sit on my balcony after dinner one night and smoke a cuban cigar and drink a glass of brandy. I'm not a big cigar smoker or brandy drinker. But I would love to say that I've done it:cool:

You can't buy them on the ship. But you can buy them ashore. No problem as long as you smoke them before you return to the United States. Buy them from a reputable shop...not from some person selling them on the street. There's a big business in the sale of phony "Cubans."

On one of our cruises the CD made of point of telling everyone to "smoke 'em if you got 'em" because once we docked back in the US no one, not even non-US citizens, would be allowed to take them off the ship.

On one of our cruises the CD made of point of telling everyone to "smoke 'em if you got 'em" because once we docked back in the US no one, not even non-US citizens, would be allowed to take them off the ship.
I like the way Greg Kneale breaks it too everyone:

"Unfortunately the United States doesn't have a trade agreement with Cuba so if you have Cuban cigars and you're an American citizen you'll have to smoke 'em tonight on the Lido deck."

"Canada doesn't have an embargo on Cuba so you Canadian citizens are entitled to take up to 50 Cuban cigars into your country. "

[ huge applause follows ]

Then Greg continues, "Unfortunately, however you'll be disembarking into the United States so you too, will have to smoke 'em tonight on the Lido deck ! ! " :mad:

Greg at his finest. Lift them up, then pull the rug out from under them. I thought it was hilarious. :)

Our friends we met on our southern Carib Spirt cruise this past January bought about a dozen cubans (Monte Cristo #2) in Martinique at a reputable cigar store for $8 each. I'm not a cigar guy but he said that was a very good price. He smoked a couple and took the rest home. He simply removed the ring labels and packed them in his portable himidor in his checked luggae. He's done this many times and has never been questioned.

Archived