Bowling Alley or Bordello?

M&MCruisin

Actually, having a bed in a lounge is becoming "trendy" (Don't ask me why). I'm still trying to get over those colors and what appears to be furniture from the 70's!

But, to each his own. It certainly would never keep me from sailing the Pearl.

-Monte

I know, that is a bit harsh for a title. But truly...why in the world are there beds in the bowling alley? I dont necessarily care, but it is a bit weird. :rolleyes:

thumb_wwwpearl_393.jpg

Read NCL's promotion material:

Simply Striking

Norwegian Pearl features the industry's first bowling alley. The four lane, ten-pin bowling alley is part of an all new, all-day entertainment, sports bar and nightclub complex called Bliss Ultra Lounge and Night Club. During the day, Bliss is a sports bar with a bowling alley, multiple flat screen televisions to show sports events, and air hockey, foosball and other arcade games. In the evening, in a complete change of mood, Bliss transforms into a hip, high-energy ultra-lounge, with the plasma screens adding video tracks to the non-stop music spun by Norwegian Pearl's own vibe master. A spacious dance floor, a full-bar and mood-lit bowling all add to the atmosphere of a totally unique seagoing experience.

To answer your question, it's a sports bar during the day, and a night club at night.

The Bowling Alley will not see me...but will hop on one of the beds and enjoy many bottles of Dom Perignon while people watching! I guess it went not to every corner yet...YES BEDS in clubs are very trendy...it is tou Lounge on them and nothing else!

I have been in Club Bed already 10 years ago, when it opened in South Beach and was a club for the Elite and Celeb's only! It became now popular...they even serve dinner in those "SupperClubs"!

Here is the plan and it seems I can't lose:

I will bring my girlfriend down here, hit on her, and if I strike out, I can tell everyone I got a strike in the bowling alley! If she turns me down over and over I might get a 300 game!

This bowling alley thread "strikes" me a amazing. I'm having a "ball" and always read it in my "spare" time. BTW Dale-I think I've had a lot of "300 games"and "strike out" a lot :( . In fact if you want to "pin" me to an answer, that method of "keeping score" would make my average about 270. I better sign off, just to keep my mind out of the "gutter" but I wonder if anyone in Shoreguys tournament will get a "Dutch 200".

-Monte

This bowling alley thread "strikes" me a amazing. I'm having a "ball" and always read it in my "spare" time. BTW Dale-I think I've had a lot of "300 games"and "strike out" a lot :( . In fact if you want to "pin" me to an answer, that method of "keeping score" would make my average about 270. I better sign off, just to keep my mind out of the "gutter" but I wonder if anyone in Shoreguys tournament will get a "Dutch 200".

-Monte

Oh Monte, please... LOL. I'm rolling on the floor laughing!

It could get worse than just feet on the bed for yucky......

Although really gross....that is hilarious. So glad everyone can enjoy an interesting topic without beating eachother up. This is fun!

Does anyone know how the bowling alley is setup? I have seen several pictures of the bliss lounge and I thought I remember seeing a big section with chairs and tables..maybe I am thinking of another lounge. Btw...I heard or read somewhere that the beds were "private" areas. Anyone heard anything like this? That makes it sound like more than a seating area! YEW! :D

Although really gross....that is hilarious. So glad everyone can enjoy an interesting topic without beating eachother up. This is fun!

Does anyone know how the bowling alley is setup? I have seen several pictures of the bliss lounge and I thought I remember seeing a big section with chairs and tables..maybe I am thinking of another lounge. Btw...I heard or read somewhere that the beds were "private" areas. Anyone heard anything like this? That makes it sound like more than a seating area! YEW! :D

The beds are Private?!? Even more support for my yucky theory!

Very interesting place! Velvet beds and settees - I read in there one morning when the seas were rocking (er, when weren't they rocking?:eek: ) Lounge at night frequented by a few late night CC'ers.

Bowling was fantastic -- 4 lanes, 2 on each side. Everyone trying out different weight and colored balls for the big tourney of dismal scores.;):D

The furniture all over the ship is fun. The lobby has big overstuffed chairs and even the atrium furniture is "fuzzy."

One of the officers told me he thought the furniture was "NY hip."

Bliss is non-smoking!

Monte said it right, bowling by day nightclub by night.:)

Archived