Brilliance of Seas - JS 1028

travelteam

Welcome back LeoandHugh...............how was my cabin? I've been waiting to hear a review of this year's TA.............none posted so far.

Can you give me any info on the cabin itself? will it be capable of handling a full size scooter and manual wheelchair? How about getting out/in from the balacony?

Any feedback on ports would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dee:D

dee, you were not forgotten just too many other things going on in my life right now. we spent a week (thanksgiving) in so fla with friends after we arrived back in Miami and since we have been home Leo has been suffering a bad sinusitis infection so between playing nurse and trying to get things ready for the holidays, it is hectic. i am going to wait until after the first of the year to write my ta based on voluminous notes.

the cabin is absolutely the best we have ever had - lots of room and we had clothes for 5 weeks. there is a big walk-in closet with lots of hanging space. and loads of drawer and shelf space in the cabin. bathroom has lots of grab bars, fold down seat in the shower and plenty of space to turn the scooter around. we had beds separated so we could get his scooter in between the beds and had plenty of space. there is a full length curtain to separate the bed area from the sitting area so if someone wants to read it does not interfere with sleeping. no ramp out to verandah just a straight shot on to a teak decking we had 4 chairs, 2 lounges and a table and plenty of space to turn the scooter.

in the sitting area there is a smallish couch (2seater) 2 arm chairs and a coffee table. we did some rearranging to allow straight access from cabin door out to the verandah. access to the cabin is great put sea pass in the slot and door opens pheumatically and stays open till scooter or wheelchair is in or out. we had room between the couch and wall to store the folded wheelchair and walker. we used the forward bank of elevators mainly to avoid the crush on midships elevators. because deck 10 is mainly suites, the corridors are wider with plenty of room to get scooter by. also very convenient for concierge lounge which we, as diamond members, had use of. more later hugh:)

Archived