The Today Show, NY

AlohaPride

Its open to the public on a first come first stand basis. Its 49-50 -51 street between 5th and 6th Avenue right by the ice skatting rink....by the NBC studio where the today show is on live. The address for a mapquest search is 30 rockefeller plaza.

Its open to the public on a first come first stand basis. Its 49-50 -51 street between 5th and 6th Avenue right by the ice skatting rink....by the NBC studio where the today show is on live. The address for a mapquest search is 30 rockefeller plaza.

Thanks, do you happen to know how early we should get there to have a good spot?

Thanks, do you happen to know how early we should get there to have a good spot?

It depends on a number of factors:

1. weather

2. Day of the week(Friday is concert day).

3. Scheduled guests.

etc.

some days you can just walk on some days you have to be there at 4 am....

but I am no expert ...

With no musical guest, I'd say about 5:30AM for a great spot.

With a musical guest along the lines of Jimmy Buffett, plan on getting there the day before.

If it is cold outside that morning, I wouldn't get there that early. The colder it is, the fewer people will be standing out there. The show starts at 7AM and ends basically at 9 AM. There is another hour of programming after that, which is shown at 10 AM on the Boston station that I've watched it, but which I'm guessing is shot from 9-10 AM. I've usually only been in NYC on the weekend so that is why I'm not certain about this. Make your decision on how early you want to be standing out in the cold. And dress warmly.

Keep in mind that December 28 will be a high tourist week in NYC - many people are on vacation and there are many tourists. I would get there super early, it does get crowded early if you want to try and get near the railings.

But also we aware, a lot of people who are watching outside go inside to stores (like Dean & Deluca)during the breaks when no one is outside, too, so you might be able to squeeze up closer during those times. Look to see who the guests are - if there are no concerts outside, the crowd might be a little smaller.

Lots of tall buildings here so the sun will be blocked early in the morning. And the crosstown streets can function as a wind tunnel. Dress very warm and have something to cover your face when the cameras aren't on (Think Giants Stadium in the late afternoon). Dress like you are going to a 4 o'clock NFL game on the east coast.

The exact location is Rockefeller Plaza, which is halfway between Fifth and Sixth (Avenue of the Americas) Avenues. The show area is between 48th and 49th Streets (between the Today Show set and Dean & Deluca). This is adjacent to the Christmas tree above the ice skating rink.

Archived