Hotels in Seattle?? Help

Hi

I was hoping that someone can recommend a few hotels in Seattle. I will be arriving one day prior to my cruise. I wasn't planning on renting a car, but from what I have seen on the internet it looks like the airport is far from downtown. I would like to be downtown, but I would imagine that a cab ride would be very expensive. Are the ports closer to the airport or downtown Seattle? Are there any hotels that are in the middle of both? Are there any other means of transportation to get around easily? I am looking for a clean and reasonable place to stay for the night.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

It's about a $25-30 cab ride from the airport to downtown. You can also take a public bus, which stops at the south end of the airport terminal. The bus is $1.50 during off-peak times, or $2.00 peak (rush hour). There is also a Greyline bus service that I think is about $10 per person that goes from the airport to several of the downtown hotels. Here's a link:

http://graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

There are actually two different parts of the port used for cruises in Seattle--one is in downtown near Pike Place Market and lots of tourist attractions, and the other is just south of downtown in an industrial area near the stadiums. In general, Princess and Holland America and sometimes Royal Caribbean use the one south of downtown (called Terminal 30) and everyone else uses the one in downtown itself (called either Pier 66 or the Bell Street Cruise Terminal). There aren't any hotels close to Terminal 30, and you wouldn't really want to stay there anyway because it's not close to anything you'd want to see. The Pioneer Square neighborhood would be the closest to Terminal 30, but I'm not familiar with the hotels down there. There are two hotels right by Pier 66, the Edgewater (where the Beatles stayed when they were here) and the pretty new Waterfront Marriott. Both are really nice and pretty expensive.

You can also stay at one of the less expensive hotels near Seattle Center, several of them have a free shuttle to the pier and the cab ride there wouldn't be much more than to downtown. The downside is that you'd be farther from Pike Place and the cruise piers, but you'd be closer to the Space Needle and EMP. There's a Homewood Suites there and also a Comfort Suites. I've stayed at the Comfort Suites and it was fine, it even came with a free breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...

My sisters and I have stayed at the Meditteranean Inn near the Key Arena and thought it was excellent value. We walked to Pike Place Market in about 30 minutes and there are lots of small, good restaurants nearby and on the way to the market area.

http://www.mediterranean-inn.com/

Viv

Archived