Triumph, Riviera Deck room question. Newbie here! Help Appreciated

wesbc

Hi all!

Booked my first cruise ever on the Carnival Triumph. Got in on one of there 12 days Christmas deal and cheaped out for an interior room... hope I won't regret that, but price was good.

Anyway, I really don't know of choice of room so Carnival Agent place me in room 1280 of the Riviera Deck. I now notice I'm on the bottom of the boat. Is that bad? Should I request for one of the higher decks? But I'm not sure if the price I paid limits me to these selections.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

Riveria deck is a good deck to be on-- the lower you are the less motion you feel.

You will pay higher the higher you go...each deck costs more.

You are also midship.

On Carnival there is such a thing as booking a guarantee. You book an inside cabin and can be placed anywhere on the ship-- in an inside cabin, an oceanview cabin or a balcony.. free upgrades "could" be given.

SInce you have nothing at all to compare it with-- a guarantee may be the way for you to go. Booking a guarantee is also cheaper then booking a set cabin

Thanks for the QUICK replies! Much appreciated.

Well I took up one of the bonus offer which only had 5 interior staterooms for the price and was lucky enough to catch a great agent that was able to assist me on getting in on the deal. So I'm not sure if there will be any free upgrade possible. Would be sweet though if it happens. But she asked me what room I would like and I just told her what ever she thought best as it's my first time.

Thanks again for the response. I'll be poking around these forum a bit more in preparation for the cruise!

hundreds of photos of the Triumph-- www.cruiseclues.com/triumph

When you get an assigned cabin the chances of being upgraded are very slim. (next to zero)

Inside cabins are bsically the same size as an oceanview cabin without the window.

Cabins are very dark 24 hours a day. Good for naps in the afternoon.

Take a nightlite and an alarm clock to wake you up. You will think its night time when its 11am and go back to sleep..

We did our first cruise in an inside cabin.. spent very little time in the cabin so it worked out great.

Archived