NCL early excusion booking

Ocean Spirit

I'll be in Kona on Jan 19th and 4 of us decided to take the BodyGlove snorkel tour. I've read on these boards to snorkel in the morning, the sea is calmer.

When I went to book early w/ NCL the only available time is the afternoon. Any suggestions of whether or not I should book independently w/ Bodyglove or Fairwinds? Or take a chance and book on board?

I would try posting this question on in the ports of call area. Look for Hawaii, I don't know if they have separate boards for the various ports, but you will likely get informed responses from people who either live in Hawaii or have been there before.

Our next trip is to Alaska, and I find the Alaska board to be the place to go for those types of questions. :) Good luck, and have a blast!

OK... how about an semi informed opinion... I would opt for the AM trip... seas tend to be a bit calmer and the dolphins (at least the spinners) are a bit more active in the AM... they head out to sea at night to chomp on squid and such and are usually winding down in the AM before going into their rest cycle... Also... We did the Capt. Zodiac ride with Skipper Chuck and First Mate Blake and it was, in a word, unforgettable... smaller group, more personalized attention from the "crew." And the ride is a blast... just one man's oppinion... have fun.

Archived