Am Inquiring Mind Would Like To Know! ! ! !

When a cruise line sets up it sailing schedule and determines the various Ports of Call that each ship will go to, I assume the the cruise line will enter into a contrat with each island or country that the ships will sail to. I know that there are port charges that the cruise line charges it passengers and I also know that the cruise lines pass these charges on to the passengers as part of the ticket charge. I also know the cruise line charge each merchant at each port that they stop in that participate in the guarntee that RCL provides its passengers when they shop in specific stores. I have seen the person who gives the lectures about the various shoping stores at each port walking to each store that they guarantee and pick up an envelope. I have seen this several times in St Thomas. Somehow i believe that the merchants or the goverment also pays the cruise for stoping at their ports.

The question that I have is:

"Does the cruise line pay each country that their ships sail to or does the country to where the ships sail to pay the cruise line? ? ? ?

Archived