Is NCL's Quirigua & Dulce River Explorer tour similiar to

clerky96

similiar in nature to Gus' Livingston/Rio Dulce tour? I realize that NCL's tour goes to Quirigua, but they both have a boat trip on the Dulce River. Correct? I have heard that the Dulce River is a "do not miss". Anyone know?

We are looking at the same trip through NCL. Looks like Gus' trip is more cultural. Found the ruins/cruise listed on the NCL website for $124pp 7-3/4hrs which pretty much covers the day. I see potential for missing the ship if something goes wrong with private tours more then 7hrs. We would like to do both or we'll book the tour to Quirigua when we arrive as the ship wants $72pp for a 4-1/2hr tour which they run twice. I'm sure it will be cheaper locally with time to spare. Will see if anyone else has more input. We will be bringing a backpack of supplies for the school eventhough we are not touring with Gus.

Hi Rick.:D I too, am nervous about taking such a long tour with an independent, so we are considering this tour instead of Gus. We had considered a tour of a banana plantation and the Castle with Gus, but his price for the two tours was $100 pp. That seemed a little steep. Not a whole lot more to go on this tour with NCL and play it safe. The fear of getting left in some port scares me to death!:eek:

Donna:) , you can get the best of two different trips taking the Quirigua/River tour with the ship. The cost is high but you will not miss the ship. I've read on some of the other threads of people missing or nearly missing the ship taking longer trips with 3rd party companies. We will be docking which helps but the port is a cargo port with nothing much. I would rather pay more to be safe and enjoy. We are booking 3rd party (David/Ivan) in Costa Maya, hiring our driver friend in Coz and heading deep into the jungle when in Belize with the ship because of the 3hr RT travel to the site. We'll most likely miss departure if something happens.

We are doing our imitation of Indiana Jones again which is a continuation of our Sept trip to both Tulum and Coba. Planning now allows for budgeting for Feb. Its nice to know that excursions are going to set you back before hand.

Archived