Snorkeling at Princess Cays?

manmtnmike

Hey Mike,

I did the Princess cruise Jan. 2005......We went to Princess Cays but it's their private island.. There no official excursions as far as diving or tours but you can snorkel, do kayaks and such.... I had my own gear so can't remember if they rent gear or not..... It was fun... So much so that I took up diving based on that snorkel experience....lol..

Have fun:D

No snorkel excursions. They do rent gear. We brought our own masks and snorkels and rented fins. Snorkeling was pretty good... Some fish and coral. My father saw an eel.

Princess Cays is a private beach, not a private island. If you walk behind where the tenders let you off you can go through the gate into Bahamas territory (you must have your room key and ID). Some locals have a small shopping area set up there.

Have FUN!

• 4 weeks later...
Since I only have masks and snorkels and still a rookie, I'll be renting as well. How much for other equipment? what do you do with valuables?

we have snorkeled many times at Princess Cays, and always enjoy it. We bring our own masks and snorkels, and only the first time bothered with fins....you really do not need them....swimming shoes would be good to give you some protection.

There is not need to take "valuables" to shore with you, or if you must, think about buyiing an "aquapack" waterproof bag or something similar.

Archived