Millenium Med Cruise July 12 2007

hermang

We are seriously considering booking the Millenium for a 12 night Med cruise on July 12 2007.

Couple of questions:

We will be flying from JFK - Venice and Barcelona - JFK - Delta seems to have the best flights - shortest time non-stop from both. Does it pay to consider Cruise Air?? Since we are Elite - the custom air charges( I assume we can select these flights) are waved. Looks like about $1000 pp if we book on our own.

Itinerary says Day 1 boarding in Venice and day 2 Docked - departing 4pm. I take this to mean that we spend a night on the ship before we sail. We are thinking of arriving a day early and spending it in Venice - Any recommendations on hotels? If we do cruise air - would transfers from our hotel be included??

Day 13 is Barcelona departure - says we arrive at 5AM - We are considering extending a day in Barcelona to get maybe 1 1/2 days of sight seeing.

Any hotel recomendations???

Thanks in advance

If you are flying in a day early and leaving a day or so late- buy your own tickets if they are cheaper than $ 1000.

As for Venice- I would stay at the Sofitel Venezia in Piazzle Roma. Venice airport is great. As soon as you get your luggage, go out to the bus to Venice- (3.5 Euros one way). It drops you off right in Piazzle Roma. You walk over a little bridge and you are at your hotel.

I have stayed in four other Venetian hotels and this one is my favorite. There are vaparettos (water buses) nearby that take you to St. Mark's or anywhere you want to go. My second favorite was the Bauer but that's very pricey.

The ship is within walking distance from the hotel.

As for Barcelona, I was robbed there. Not my favorite place.

I will be on Millenium on July 24, 2007- doing the same thing.

Have a great journey!:)

If you are flying in a day early and leaving a day or so late- buy your own tickets if they are cheaper than $ 1000.

As for Venice- I would stay at the Sofitel Venezia in Piazzle Roma. Venice airport is great. As soon as you get your luggage, go out to the bus to Venice- (3.5 Euros one way). It drops you off right in Piazzle Roma. You walk over a little bridge and you are at your hotel.

I have stayed in four other Venetian hotels and this one is my favorite. There are vaparettos (water buses) nearby that take you to St. Mark's or anywhere you want to go. My second favorite was the Bauer but that's very pricey.

The ship is within walking distance from the hotel.

As for Barcelona, I was robbed there. Not my favorite place.

I will be on Millenium on July 24, 2007- doing the same thing.

Have a great journey!:)

I think I saw a price quote of $965pp + tax from Delta so it might be a tossup.

If transfers are included with Cruise Air - might be a good deal.

Last time we were in Venice was 1974 when we lived in Milan - Although we went to Venice twice - never saw the Ghetto, Murano or Burano hence our desire to do an extra day.

I'll keep that in mind for Barcelona

If you can-stay two nights in Venice because if you fly in the first day you might be filled with excitement but then you'll sleep really late the second day and it would be a shame to have to leave your room by noon.

You will love Burano and must take the ferry to get there. You will pass Murano, which is really not much more than the factory (tourist trap).

Have a wonderful trip, again.

If you can-stay two nights in Venice because if you fly in the first day you might be filled with excitement but then you'll sleep really late the second day and it would be a shame to have to leave your room by noon.

You will love Burano and must take the ferry to get there. You will pass Murano, which is really not much more than the factory (tourist trap).

Have a wonderful trip, again.

That's what I figured - Flight arrives ( based on today's schedule) @ 9:40 AM So if we leave on the 10th we arrive on the 11th and the ship sails on the 13th. I figure we can sleep late on the first sea day

Hermang-

We (my sisters & nieces) are on this cruise & excited that today it is only 7 months away. Hope to see you on the Roll Call which have not been very active yet. My sisters are not taking those direct flights because they're using miles. Take care, Meg

Archived