Sephora Makeup Brush Advice

CruiserPK

Can anyone recommend a set of makeup brushes that would be available online from Sephora? I would like to put a set in my daughter's Christmas stocking...so price is a consideration. I will probably spend around $75. It will make shopping easier if there is a set I can order from Sephora since I have already picked out some other items to order from their website.

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers, Pam

The problem with purchasing a set is that you get the brushes they have selected and not necessarily the ones that you need. For example, I don't wear loose powder or powdered blush, so both of those would be worthless to me. I've never been able to get concealer on with a brush and even watch professionals use their finger to blend after applying, so I don't know what good those really are.

Because of that reason, I'd probably get one of the travel sized brush sets, or the vanity brush set. I purchased the mini coin purse brush set and the mini pink brush set as stocking stuffers. I also like the vanity brush set and would consider it myself, but mainly because of the container :rolleyes: .

For myself, I buy the individual brushes and I not only buy makeup brushes, I also will buy artist brushes. I've never found an eye liner brush better than the Chinese silk flat angled brush you find in art departments. If you know what she uses, you might even go in and order individual brushes, customized to her needs, instead of a set.

I saw two sets there last weekend - a full set and a travel set. The full set was $150. I didn't check the price for the travel set since I don't like itty bitty brushes. If she uses only a few brushes you might want to order those.

MAC had a brush set for $45 recently. There were two different sets with a cute makeup bag. I don't know if there are any left but I noticed Nordstrom sold them online.

Archived