RCCL Stringray/Turtle excursion?s

hello123

Hi: We will be on the Radiance of the Seas March 14, 2007 and in GC from 10-6, we want to do the stringray and turtle excursion. 2 adults, 1 child (10). Does the ships excursion include snorkle gear? and do they have gear for 10 year old. Thanks. We want to do this with caption Marvin but have not heard back from them yet and I am worried they may not be able to accomodate due to the 10-6 port times, anyone have any luck with this???

• 5 weeks later...

We did a tour similar to this when we were in GC the week before Christmas 2006. It was the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory, Hell, the Turtle Farm and Stingray City. This tour took ALL DAY so if you do this and plan to shop, get off the ship as soon as you can and meet your tour at the pier at the time on your excursion tickets. This is what we did instead of meeting onboard the ship like was suggested, and we were able to do the shopping that we wanted. Lots of folks on our tour were VERY disappointed that they could not shop because the tour was so long. Back to your question - snorkeling gear (mask, vest, snorkel) is provided on the boat you take out to Stingray City. The masks and snorkels are in a big plastic trashcan filled with bleach water to sanitize them, but if you have your own, you can bring it if you want to. Every tour boat might be different, but that's how ours was. There were lots of kids on our tour that were younger than 10, and they used the snorkeling gear provided with no problems that I saw.

The turtle farm was my favorite part of this tour, but that could be because I LOVE turtles. =)

Have a great time!

PS - we were on Mariner of the Seas.

Archived