Mexican Folkloric Show in Cozumel

Likes2cruise

My mom uses a walker/wheelchair and would like to do this shore excursion in Cozumel. Has anyone been there recently? Is it a "do-able" excursion with a wheelchair or walker? I'm wondering if the taxi transportation can handle one or the other. And I am more concerned with conditions once we reach the Forum Theater. I would appreciate any information from any cruisers who have done this excursion.

It looks like we will be the only ship in port that day, so we should be docked--no tenders.

Thanks in advance.

My mom uses a walker/wheelchair and would like to do this shore excursion in Cozumel. Has anyone been there recently? Is it a "do-able" excursion with a wheelchair or walker? I'm wondering if the taxi transportation can handle one or the other. And I am more concerned with conditions once we reach the Forum Theater. I would appreciate any information from any cruisers who have done this excursion.

It looks like we will be the only ship in port that day, so we should be docked--no tenders.

Thanks in advance.

From the carnival site : Guests restricted to wheelchairs are advised there is no elevator at the Forum Shops, only an escalator. Taxis are wheelchair accessible, but advance notice is required through the Shore Excursion Desk. There is a ramp for access to the main floor and a ramp to the theatre seats, restrooms are not wheelchair accessible.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=CZM&excursionname=Mexican+Folkloric+Show+%26+Shopping&excursioncode=304035

Not sure how that would work for her, tho it seems "do able"...

I have read that the port of Costa Maya has free "folkloric" shows at the pier shopping center, they seem to have shuttle buses to the pier/shopping and I would think they make provisions for wheelchair bound guests?

You also should give the "special needs" dept at Carnival a call and have them advise you as to which excursions would be best for your mom

I just read about that "cooking" tour one, that sounds pretty cool, and might be "accessable"??

Have a great cruise and let us know how your excursions go :)

I am not even sure if they ever have this excursion. We were booked for it in August and they cancelled the morning of (by slipping a note under our cabin door). I have read since then that this show gets cancelled a lot. So, has anyone ever actually been on this?

No elevator--but it sounds like there might be a ramp to get to the theater level, correct? I'd much rather Mom used the wheelchair than to try using the walker--never sure of distances on these excursions.

Sorry to hear this show gets cancelled a lot--maybe we'll get lucky!

Once again--has anyone actually done this excursion?

Archived