Carnival can change your life...

chitown cruisers

.....funny but true story.........a couple of the wife's girlfriends/coworkers went with us on our Oct Miracle cruise....one of them lived a basic life.......split an apartment, lived close to work(didn't like to drive), and would just hang around the house or the local watering hole......This was her first cruise, first flight and a bunch of other first.

....she stopped by this weekend.......said that one of the first few nights back from the Miracle, she sat down with a drink on the couch for a minute and thought to herself...."not again"

She said she asked the roomate if she could swing it on her own, and went and got her self her own place. She bought a more reliable car for getting around in, is buying her first computer (she became friends with a few CC'ers that I chatted with in the roll call and we met at the Chase suites in Tampa), is out traveling and experiencing things outside of her 3 mile safety zone.

She says it's all because of the cruise........the week full of new events, just made her want more out of her life...........I think she should write a detailed letter to Carnival letting them know what it meant to her.

she sat down with a drink on the couch for a minute and thought to herself...."not again"

True, I'm sure a lot of us can relate... small experiences trigger large changes. Alcohol helps, in small doses. Hey, I've been thinking of a few for a while...

I've seen much more of the world than a cruise offers, but what helped me get 'out' and see those things was usually the type of opportunity that passes quickly. Complacency sucks. Take risks! You'll regret it when you're 70. And don't give a cr*p what other people think!

That is a cool story! I know that Carnival changed my life. Our first cruise on the Ecstasy in 97 changed me. My DW had to change the sailing date twice because I had no interest in cruising. When we got there, she had to drag me on the ship. the second day, I was booking our 98 cruise on the Fantasy. My DW had to drag me off the ship when we got back!

Now, when we take land vacations, we always compare it to a cruise and wonder why did not take a cruise instead!

Now, I am a chartered member of FOC!

I know it changed my life. Before cruising the only foreign country I had visited was Canada. I live in the Southwest and have been afraid to cross the border into Mexico.

Because of cruising, I have now visited Belize, Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc, etc, etc, and have visited Mexico many times now. And in March we are on our way to Tahiti. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever dreamed of going to Tahiti.

The world is an absolutely amazing place - and I am so glad I have been given a chance to experience it.

Vette

That is a cool story! I know that Carnival changed my life. Our first cruise on the Ecstasy in 97 changed me. My DW had to change the sailing date twice because I had no interest in cruising. When we got there, she had to drag me on the ship. the second day, I was booking our 98 cruise on the Fantasy. My DW had to drag me off the ship when we got back!

Now, when we take land vacations, we always compare it to a cruise and wonder why did not take a cruise instead!

Now, I am a chartered member of FOC!

Lucky for me. the same thing happened to my DH:) Now we're about to take our 5th cruise in as many years!!

Archived