Legend 12/02 My thoughts

Cholly

This was our 1st cruise on Carnival,the other one was a Royal Caribbean in 2004.

Embarkation was quick and painless. Our balcony room was great and the room steward was friendly and cheerfully fufilled our requests.

Dining:

We ate the late shift which we liked. Our waiter was efficent but very quiet. I thought the food in the dining room was just ok. RC was better. We liked the food at the buffet better and thought it was better than RC. We also ate at the Golden Fleece and it was fantastic!!

One interesting note....one day at lunch we sat at a table in the buffet and realized someone had left a purse hanging on the chair. I tried to give it to 3 different waiters and none of them would take it. Finally one of the them told us that on an earlier cruise a waiter took a purse down to the pursers office and then the owner of the purse accused them of stealing $2000 and the waiter was fired. Thankfully as I was eating the owner came back for the purse.

Shows:

They were just ok.

Excursions:

We planned these all ourselves with the help from this website. Thank you!

Panama- My Friend Mario was great and we loved our tour.

Costa Rica- Charlie Soto, did the zipliningg and it was great

Belize- CaveTubing.com the guys were so fun it was great.

The tours were highlights of our trip and we even meet someone from cc about 80 feet in the air ziplining. (Hi Rob & Lisa)

Debarkation: Again well organized and quick.

All in all I enjoyed the cruise. I thought my fellow travelers were very polite and friendly. Our next cruise is on Princess in August. Thank you to everyone who posts on this website, It made my cruise better with all your tips and helpful advice.

Thanks for reviewing, we're leaving on Monday! Your food comments sound about right, on our first Carnival cruise we were underwhelmed by the main dining room, thought the buffet was pretty good for a buffet, and thought the specialty restaurant was amazing. Was there anything especially good or bad at the main dinner? We're going with Charlie for ziplining and the rest of tour as well - did you have to worry about time at all? We're staying on a Carnival tour in Panama and using a different company for the cave tubing. How was the weather down there? Was the water still warm enough? I wish it was Sunday already...thanks!

MMW37-

The ziplining was so fun you will love it! Don't worry about the time, Charlie and Co are very careful to get you back on time.

The weather was warm every day (mid 80's) except Belize, it was cloudy and drizzling on and off. The river is COLD, but you get used to it quick. It was really windy the first sea day and they closed off the upper decks.

Food, I didn't eat the main course very often, it was hard to find something I liked and I don't like seafood. The appetizers and salad were good and there was usually a dessert I liked. Try the Hazlenut Creme Brulee, Yum!!!

You will have a great time!

We made our reservations 3 hours before we went and it was half empty as we ate. (7:30 pm). They roll a cart with the different cuts of meat on them over to your table and describe each one to you. I had the New York Strip and DH had the lobster tail and filet mignon. It was worth every penny!!

Archived