Beach in St. Thomas please

Which beach would you advise for spending a few hours at a beach in St. Thomas. I am going on 2 cruises both stopping in ST. Thomas within 8 weeks of each other, the first one we are over to St. Johns but the second one I will have my young sons and would like a nice, safe beach with chair renta and restrooms and somewhere to get them a snack or cold drink........would that be Magen's Bay or Coki Beach? Thanks!

Coki Beach was nice but not that impressive. You can get beach chair, umbrellas and cold drinks there. My daughter and I did an intro to scuba class there and had a great time. The snorkeling was pretty good too. Seeing Megan's Bay from up high on the hilltop was great. I wish we had the time to go there.

We love Megan's Bay. We've been there several times. It's a very nice bay with beautiful, calm water. There is a little bar where you can get drinks and food. We are going to try Coki Beach in January because we want to do a little snorkeling. You won't be disappointed with Megan's Bay!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, how long does it take via taxi to get from the ship to Megan's Bay Beach?

Are there taxi's waiting? Any idea of the ball park taxi fare and how much the entrance, chair and such rental cost are?

Thanks again!

Taxi is $6 pp one way, about 10-15 ride. Costs $3 pp to enter the park. Can't remember the rental fees since we didn't use them.

Popular Destinations on St. Thomas

From To 1 Person; 2+ People (each) Time

Havensight Magens Bay $8.50 $6 15 min.

Havensight Charlotte Amalie $3 per person 6 min.

Havensight Red Hook $10 $8 17 min.

Havensight Coki/Coral World $10 $7 12 min.

Havensight Mountain Top $9 $7 17 min.

Red Hook Coki/Coral World $5.50 $4.50 5 min.

Red Hook Magens Bay $10 $8 20 min

Crown Bay Dock Charlotte Amalie $4 $3.50 8 min.

Crown Bay Dock Magens Bay $10 $7 25 min.

Crown Bay Dock Coki/Coral World $12 $8 26 min.

Crown Bay Dock Mountain Top $11 $8 30 min.

Crown Bay Dock Red Hook $13 $9 31 min

Hope this helps!

I am thinking of taking a taxi over for $8.00 1/p $6.00 2/p to Magen's Bay instead of doing the $25.00 p/p excursion. But, I have read on other boards that the taxis do not leave until the cab is extremely filled with people. Sardines! Have you heard about this? Wondering if this will interfere with our time schedule.

Wondering which beach Sappahire or Magen for snorkeling?

They will linger, but not to the point you said. I would say 10 minutes or so.

I am not a fan of Magens Bay, especially in the busy afternoons, so I would go early if you want to avaid some of the crowds. I like the less crowded beaches... Sapphire and Morningstar better. Also, if you are interested in snorkelling, it is definitely not the place to be. Coki is muh better for that.

Archived