Guavaberry Emporium

EggDropErin

Yes indeed. He also didn't seem to mind some of the cold beverages in the jewelry stores. But at least that gets him to come with me! :)

LOL!!

I agree! I would rather him go with me than go without him:p . I like when he goes shopping with me. We always have a good time:) .

Captjaneway, just reading about Guavaberry Coladas is making my mouth water! I'm not much of a Pina Colada fan, but these Guavaberry's are wonderful. Be careful however, one big glass at the emporium and you'll be feeling it! A word of advice, if you like them, buy the bottles there, because as far as I know, you cannot buy them stateside in any liquor store and their website is "if-y". Only once did we receive a shipment from a cousin of a cousin of a cousin and we paid big bucks for our fix. Guavaberry is indigenous to St Martin and grown high in the hills;also, it is not guava.

Guavaberry Colada

Fill your blender 1/3 with ice. Add 1oz Cream of Coconut, 3oz pinapple juice, 2oz Guavaberry. Blend and top with fresh pineapple and fresh nutmeg

Mmmmm sounds yummy!

So Guavaberry is different than what is grown here in Florida that they make guava jelly from?

We went to try the guavaberry colada's too. We tried it straight and then tried the colada. Straight was horrible but the colada was great. How could something taste so bad straight but taste so great in a mix? We stood in the store for awhile watching people try it straight. They all made faces like we did. We bought a bottle to bring home to make all our friends try it straight. Everyone made a face like we did. Then we were nice and made colada's with it. Thinking about it makes me want one now. :)

We went to try the guavaberry colada's too. We tried it straight and then tried the colada. Straight was horrible but the colada was great. How could something taste so bad straight but taste so great in a mix? We stood in the store for awhile watching people try it straight. They all made faces like we did. We bought a bottle to bring home to make all our friends try it straight. Everyone made a face like we did. Then we were nice and made colada's with it. Thinking about it makes me want one now. :)

I know what you mean. All this talk about them and the heat outside makes me thirsty too. I'll be in St Maartan in October and I am going back a few bottles for my family. They're been there before but never tried the coladas. Go figure.

I guess it's so concentrated that you have you dilute with ice and whip it up good :D .

I know what you mean. All this talk about them and the heat outside makes me thirsty too. I'll be in St Maartan in October and I am going back a few bottles for my family. They're been there before but never tried the coladas. Go figure.

I guess it's so concentrated that you have you dilute with ice and whip it up good :D .

I would agree with it being concentrated. It's just mighty strong straight.

I know it says it's $22.00 to purchase it on the website, but does anyone remember what the cost is per bottle on the island itself?

Archived