Our shore excursions - Golden Aug 8

Caribbean Here We Come

We're going to be pretty busy with this port intensive cruise!! Notice we have 2 tours each day with hopefully enough time in between to eat lunch!! Here are our tours that we've already booked with Princess:
Barbados:
1) BEST OF BARBADOS 8:15AM - 12:00PM
2) 4 WD & MONKEY ENCOUNTER
BARBADOS 1:00PM - 5:00PM

St. Lucia:
3) ST. LUCIA 4WD SAFARI 8:00AM - 11:30AM
4) SCENES OF ST. LUCIA 1:00PM - 4:30PM

Antigua
5) STINGRAY SWIM & SNORKEL ADVENTURE 8:15AM - 11:15AM
6) TROPICAL TRAILS 4WD SAFARI 1:00PM - 4:15PM

St. Martin
7) AMPHIBIOUS DUCK ADVENTURE 9:30AM - 11:00AM
8) ST. MARTIN NATURAL WONDERS 12:30 PM - 4:00PM

On our day on St. Thomas, we are planning on taking the 9:00 AM ferry to St. John for the morning, then touring St. Thomas in the afternoon.
We'd love to chat with others on the same cruise! Let me know if you'll be doing any of these excursions!!

[quote name='Caribbean Here We Come']We're going to be pretty busy with this port intensive cruise!! Notice we have 2 tours each day with hopefully enough time in between to eat lunch!! Here are our tours that we've already booked with Princess:
[/QUOTE]
Wow :eek: !!! That's alot of excursions! I sure hope you have enough time inbetween to make it to the next one. Did you already book and pay for these?

I don't think I would want to book 2 in one day. I dont' have the energy and I also would be too afraid that one excursion would be a little late and I would miss the next one but have to pay for it anyway. All of them sound really great though! Hope you have a wonderful time. :)

WOW is right. That's a pretty ambitious schedule! I'm on the same Golden itinerary in September and have one excursion in each port expect St. Martin. And I'm afraid that I may be planning too much. On our last cruise, our adult childern book two excursions in a couple of ports and they said that it was too much.

I've often done 2 excursions in 1 day, and I loved it. Generally, I prefer one active excursion like snorkeling and one passive excursion like touring. If you book through the ship, you don't have to worry about missing your next excursion and having to pay for it anyway, as the ship should definitely refund your money. The one time I had an early excursion run a little late, they even held the next excursion for me. With an hour between, you should be able to grab food at the buffet. The day you're snorkeling first, you may also want to shower between excursions, but you have an hour and 25 minutes, so you can squeeze it all in. Enjoy!

Thanks for the great feedback everybody. I know we'll be tired, but we really try to maximize our time in each port. I know we can't "do it all" but we're sure going to try! Sleeping & relaxing are overrated anyway, right?? Taterules, thanks for the great advice about planning a shower after snorkeling. Also very helpful advice regarding doing one active tour & one less active tour each day. Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...
I also hope you have a fabulous trip. Since you will be experiencing sooo many excursions, please be sure to let us know how they all turn out. What a valuable resource you will be to all of us to go after you. I can't wait to hear the winners out of all those activities. Please keep us posted.

That is a prodigious number of excursions. We've been debating whether to do one at each port, or just do one at three-of-five or four-of-five ports. I think two excursions per port would be almost $1000 for us. :eek: I suppose this raises something that I didn't realize before. How do you choose, or [i]do [/i]you choose, whether your excursion is in the morning or the afternoon?

Archived