Road Construction from Nevada to LA

lovebug33

I don't know if this will help but check the CHP or CalTrans websites. Even without construction delays that road can be a nightmare day or night. I would allow extra time just in case.

What are the links to those websites? We'll be going on a cruise out of San Pedro in February, driving from SLC. I'd like to bookmark those sites to look at then.

Thanks,

Richard

I just drove back from Las Vegas this week. I hate to say this, but traffic is a nightmare on the 15 from Baker to Barstow due to road construction, especially on the southbound. They have been closing the junction by the 15/215 on almost every weekend except these two holiday weekends due to construction also. We considered detouring over to the the 40, but a phone call to Cal Trans led us to believe that the extra 100 miles wouldn't help due to road construction there also. Please be sure to give yourself plenty of extra time. Good luck. Our trip to Vegas was worth it, but yikes...I think we'll wait 'til next summer before we venture out again. (When we were heading to Las Vegas, the delay southbound was about two hours from what we heard on the traffic reports. When we returned, it was only about an hour since we left much earlier in the day.) Just be realy careful to check about the closure of that junction. That will really delay things. You can check the websites mentioned, or call these toll-free numbers:

California Highway Patrol Road Conditions: 1-800-427-ROAD

Cal Trans - talk to an actual person: 1-866-383-4631

I just drove back from Las Vegas this week. I hate to say this, but traffic is a nightmare on the 15 from Baker to Barstow due to road construction, especially on the southbound. They have been closing the junction by the 15/215 on almost every weekend except these two holiday weekends due to construction also. We considered detouring over to the the 40, but a phone call to Cal Trans led us to believe that the extra 100 miles wouldn't help due to road construction there also. Please be sure to give yourself plenty of extra time. Good luck. Our trip to Vegas was worth it, but yikes...I think we'll wait 'til next summer before we venture out again. (When we were heading to Las Vegas, the delay southbound was about two hours from what we heard on the traffic reports. When we returned, it was only about an hour since we left much earlier in the day.) Just be realy careful to check about the closure of that junction. That will really delay things. You can check the websites mentioned, or call these toll-free numbers:

California Highway Patrol Road Conditions: 1-800-427-ROAD

Cal Trans - talk to an actual person: 1-866-383-4631

Thanks for the information and the phone numbers! That will come in very handy when we go on our trip.

Archived