Freedom 360º Dinningroom & Mall

Seeing360

I really enjoyed your pictures. Hope you don't mind if I bookmark this to show some of my clients what Dunn's River Falls really looks like. It's hard to explain sometimes from the pictures I've taken and others that we have.

Yes, I did see the stallion!! I used to spend many lazy summer days finding figures in the clouds so they seem to pop out at me.

I agree with the rest of your fan club - amazing pictures. Nice to see pictures thought of "out of the box". You can only look at so many of the traditional front of the ship so to speak.

I'm doing my first cruise Easter Sunday on the Freedom. I had originally planned on leaving my camera gear at home, but in looking at your shots, maybe I'll bring it along. I'm curious, Nikon or Canon? Also what lens did you use for the "fish eye" shots?

I agree with the rest of your fan club - amazing pictures. Nice to see pictures thought of "out of the box". You can only look at so many of the traditional front of the ship so to speak.

I'm doing my first cruise Easter Sunday on the Freedom. I had originally planned on leaving my camera gear at home, but in looking at your shots, maybe I'll bring it along. I'm curious, Nikon or Canon? Also what lens did you use for the "fish eye" shots?

Your going to have a great time on Freedom! It was my first cruise..... I'm wondering how I'll like other ships now.... but yes, take your camera!

I did the VR's with a Nikon 10.5mm full frame fisheye and the round one is a Sigma 8mm fisheye. Fun lenses.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you create the virtual tours of the rooms like you did?? I have always wanted to do that, but never knew how!!

Thanks

With a special tripod head, I take 6 fisheye lens photos at equal spaces in a circle, then one up and one down. I then stitch them all together with special software. It's taken me years to master the technique, but what you see is called a High Dynamic Range image. I combine several exposures to get perfect highlight, midtone and shadow exposures in the final image. Just look at the lights, you can see detail in them because I took a separate photo so they would be properly exposed.

You can see more examples of 360º photos at my website

http://downtown360.com

I'M A GEEK! :cool:

Archived