Informal evenings

scouse mouse

Also check out the discussion at this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=455160

This was the exact wording from our Celebrity Today!

Informal: http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxy/dresscode_sm.htm

Gentlemen: Jacket, Slacks. No jeans.

Ladies: Informal dress or pants and blouse.

I only have a limited number of outfits. Long cruises of 10 - 14 nights make it difficult to not repeat an outfit, which I don't like to do, so I tend to wear some more dressy outfits like cocktail dresses on informal nights and plain "regular" dresses also.

Like GORDONCHICK said, think "traditional" church clothes and you will be just fine.

DH and I are sailing on the Millie Feb 2007. I have got formal and casual sorted out, but am a bit wary about informal. If formal is long dresses, is informal cocktail dresses? Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

We were on the 11/20 Med Galaxy sailing and the informal/casual line was very blurry on our sailing. Basically my husband and sons wore a button down shirt with khakis on casual night, added a tie and a navy blue blazer to the shirt with khakis for informal nights. I wore khaki's and twin sets for both informal and casual nights was was perfectly appropriate on either night. Formal nights I have this great black long sleeve t-shirt with rhinestones on the front (it's not scary) and dressy black pants that fold up to nothing. Husband and sons wore navy suits, white shirts, and ties for formal nights. Some women wore cocktail dresses or dress pants and blouses for informal nights but not too many. On our sailing there was no difference between casual and informal.

Eileen

Archived