If you rent a taxi to drive you around the island..

clerky96

how much do they charge? Do they charge by the hour? Will this price include taking us to the eastern side of the island if we want to go there, and waiting while we walk on the beach and eat? Would 2-3 hours be enough to do this? Sorry for so many questions. I am trying to figure out if it would be about the same cost as renting a car. That way we would not have to worry about driving, etc. Thanks.

Generally you can hire a normal size taxi for $20 to $25 per hour and they are basically at your disposal. They won't take off into jungle roads, but they will take you to any east side or all east side beaches you wish to stop at.

Terrific idea if the group intends to enjoy some of the drinks and beer at the beach clubs and restaurants as you move about.

In the process of hiring our friend from our Sept trip to Coz. You are on the NCL Sun Feb25 with us. The new rate is $95 for 5hrs. There is a good chance we can take two people as it is only me and the misses. We toured the entire island with a long stop at San Gervasio ruins and had lunch at Coconuts. The last time it was a two way split so the cost was not too bad but I'm prepared to to drop the $$ as we had such a great time. Gaby has a new van with AC and speaks really good English. We made hime part of our family as we learned about his. If you have any ?? email at wdowns9@mchsi.com

Happy Holidays Rick

Do you have Gaby's email? I have heard about him on here. We have rented a car and did the drive, but on our May 07 cruise the four of us may just want to rent a taxi for part of the day...that way we will not have to worry about driving. Thanks!

Gabriel Diez died of a heart attack a few months ago. One of his daughters may be doing some of the tour activity he was handling.

You can contact jane stewart janiecoz@yahoo.com and she can relay the information to Gaby. Please include the date, the time of arrival and how many people. Having a personal driver makes life much easier and provides a lot of flexibility. You can tell her you got her email from Rick.

I did just that, and got a reply back in a matter of hours.

I did just that, and got a reply back in a matter of hours.

I just emailed Jane and booked Gaby for 5 hours on 2/15/07 at a cost of $95.00 for 4 of us. She responded to my email very quick and seems like a real nice person. Said he would take us anywhere we wanted and speaks very good english. She lives on the island and is a wedding coordinator. Think it will work out great for the 4 of us. Good luck.

Mike S.

Archived