Jan. 11 Rotterdam SA/Ant. cruise documents??

GAJE

Has anyone on this cruise gotten their documents yet? Just out of anxious curiosity, I called HAL Tues. to determine the status of our documents. After a lenghty wait, I was told our documents had gotten lost and would have to be "forced". The young lady then asked when I would like to have them. Does ASAP seem like a reasonable answer? I asked when HAL would have realized the doc had been lost if I had not called. She said my TA or someone there would have eventually realized they had not been sent. Our TA confirms the above and was told the docs would be sent overnight and we should probably get them Monday.

I have no idea how often this happens and could not get an answer to whether others on this cruise were in the same situation. So FYI.... I will post when our stuff finally arrives.

Betty

We go January 2 and the docs are still "in the mail". I have never understood why criselines follow this process. However I am told the documents are not a necessity. But it sure would be nice to hold them and place them under my pillow! We did have electronic cruise documents on one cruise and that was very convenient.

Griswalds

Has anyone on this cruise gotten their documents yet? Just out of anxious curiosity, I called HAL Tues. to determine the status of our documents. After a lenghty wait, I was told our documents had gotten lost and would have to be "forced". The young lady then asked when I would like to have them. Does ASAP seem like a reasonable answer? I asked when HAL would have realized the doc had been lost if I had not called. She said my TA or someone there would have eventually realized they had not been sent. Our TA confirms the above and was told the docs would be sent overnight and we should probably get them Monday.

I have no idea how often this happens and could not get an answer to whether others on this cruise were in the same situation. So FYI.... I will post when our stuff finally arrives.

Betty

I sure can empathize with you all! We NEVER got our cruise docs for our SA/Antarctica cruise 3 years ago. Luckily, we had made our own air arrangements and had our booking invoice from our TA with the HAL booking # when we checked in at the pier. It really was no problem getting on board or checking the luggage--they had plenty of luggage tags at the pier. But, we still would have preferred to have our docs! Neither HAL nor our TA could ever explain what happened to the docs. BTW: have great cruises!

BillS: Thanks for posting. We have never had a problem on our other three cruises. We are doing the pre- and post cruise tours so we need the documents for hotel, SA flight info, etc. With what those tours are costing and the little detailed info we have on them so far, one would think HAL would have sent out this particular information long ago.

Betty

Archived