Shore Excursions

LADYBIRD

Have a cruise booked out of Galveston For Jan 13, to Cozumel and Progresso, the shore excursions packages are very expensive I'm a chicken about trying to shore excursion on my own, any advice??????? I think Coxumel would be ok but what about Progresso , they have dune buggys, excursions are $99!!!can you just get off the boat and be able to rent a dune buggy on your own, close to where you dock? Thanks

Have you checked out the Port of Calls boards for Cozumel to see whats around on your own?

Some vendors are only allowed to take cruiselines passengers and wont allow private parties to book. So read the Cozumel board which can help you a great deal.

Sometimes Cozumel will have 7-9 ships in port all at the same time so it will be very crowded downtown..

here is the link to cozumel http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

on this forum you will also find Progresso and Play Del CArmen too

We booked an excursion in Cozumel while onboard the Conquest, so we had to pay even more for it than if I had booked beforehand online. However, I don't remember how much it cost. We've been on several excursions, but this one turned out to be one of our two all time favorites. It was the Amazing Jeep Snorkel, Lighthouse, and Ruins (maybe the words aren't in that order, but it starts with Amazing Jeep!). If you like to snorkel, it's great. You snorkel out from a private beach to a beautiful reef, then snorkel along the reef for a long way....I think they said it was nearly a mile. It was pretty physically demanding for old folks like us, but we made it with no problem. It even included an authentic Mexican lunch. My husband hasn't stopped talking about it! He even saw a huge sea turtle while snorkling.

Archived