I don't get it

bubbles1209

I've been booked for our Feb. cruise since September 15th. We paid it off in November, so needless to say I've constantly been watching for price drops, and finally got $100 obc:D . What I don't get, is for the past few nights, the website has been showing no price for the balcony rooms, which I assumed meant they were sold out, and according to some other internet websites, they were sold out. This afternoon I look (like I always do), and now all of a sudden, there's a balcony price, and the internet websites are also showing a balcony price? :confused: . Maybe they had some cancellations? Doesn't really matter, happy with the room we booked, but I don't get it.:confused:

Is the date for final payment the same for everyone? Our final payment was due November 28th, and we paid ours off on the 27th.

No, final payment dates are not the same for everybody. It all depends on who you booked with & their policy.

No, final payment dates are not the same for everybody. It all depends on who you booked with & their policy.

Yes the final payment dates are the same for everyone on the cruise. That is that date that Carnival MUST have all funds paid. If you book through a TA they have to have the funds sooner so that they can get them to Carnival on time. Every agency has a different policy, but Carnival has the same final payment date for everyone. (If you book after the final payment date you have to pay at that time.)

You now see cabin prices is T/A's get blocks of rooms assigned to them for resale, and if they do not sell them by a given date, they revert back to the cruiseline. At least that is my understanding of it.

Of course if you are now seeing the cabins available at other sites besides the cruiselines, then the cancellation reason, as mentioned previously, would make perfect sense. :D

Archived