Carnival Fun Ship Dollars Question?

cosmo cruiser

I am trying to purchase fun ship dollars on th carnival.com website. I would like to give these as a wedding gift as the couple is taking a Carnival cruise for their honeymoon. The problem is I want the gift certs mailed to ME and not to the couple so I can include them with my card and other gifts.

The website makes it appear as if they have to be mailed directly to the recipient and cannot be mailed to me. They are asking for the message I want to include with the gift certs, the recipients address and their sale date. Do I need to call CCL direct to purchase and have sent to me? If so, what number do I call? There are so many different numbers for Carnival!

Thanks.

My children purchase funship dollars for me every Christmas/anniversary, etc. They do it online. The message is printed on the coupons that are sent to you. Like "Merry Christmas Mom and Dad from the O kids.

They only thing they needed to know was the sailing date. When the website asks for the information for the guest to whom the coupons should be sent, you just input your name and address. They've never had a problem. I love funship dollars.

I've bought several of these for our cruise in March. I just fill out the form and they get mailed directly to me. You don't need a booking number or anything. Just choose any greeting, like Bon Voyage or Have Fun or whatever. It doesn't matter. It just gets printed on the sheet that you receive.

So yes, you can order whatever you want and have it sent to you, so that you can in turn give it as a gift to the couple - lucky couple!! What a super gift.

Kim

One other thing you might consider. If your purpose in getting Fun Ship Dollars is to simply use them as an OBC, why not just tell the Carnival rep when you call to place the order that you want to purchase an onboard credit for your cruise? I've done this for my wonderful wife the past two years and she always has a nice onboard credit waiting for her when we board. I did it again last week for our upcoming February cruise on Valor. I called Carnival, told the rep I wanted to purchase a $500.00 onboard credit, gave her my booking number and credit card info and within 10 minutes, I had a confirming e-mail from Carnival advising me of the OBC and that I would receive a follow up confirmation in the mail. That's a heck of a lot easier than mailing in Fun Ship certificates (and risk getting them lost in the mail) or having to go stand at the Purser's desk when you board to have them applied. Just an alternative.

I think that's the same thing I said.

Archived