Enchantment Gty Rec'd- 2010- Yikes!

Any opinions on this OV cabin? It's the second back from the front, portside, with two portholes instead of a window. And, obviously, it's on the 2nd deck. I'm not really concerned about sea sickness because I've only had car sickness and I don't mind being just above the water line. Plus, the cabin appears to be larger than the ones that are amidships.

Has anyone stayed here or does anyone think it would be worth $80 each for DH and I to move to the middle?

Thank You!

Ali

in any kind of weather where the bow of the ship is slamming in to waves, those front cabins tend to be noisy because you hear each wave as the ship slams forward and if there is any pitching at all, they are not only noisy but uncomfortable from the up and down movement of the bow of the ship. only you can decide whether it is worth the extra $ to avoid the possibility of any bad weather. there is also the possibility that in those forward cabins you may be aware of vibration when the ship is using its bow thrusters - such as when docking early in the mornings:(

I wouldn't move. That is the point of the guarantee. You never know what you are gonna get. If you want, you can call them and see if they have anything more mid ship for you. Sometimes they will move you to another room in the same category at no charge. A friend of mine booked a gty on Monarch and got a room all the way forward, and she called and they moved her midship at no charge. It doesn't hurt to ask.

We stayed in 3506 on the Enchantment and I actually really liked the two port holes. It's hard to explain but the windows aren't right at the wall, there is about 18" of storage space in front of the windows, like a big box window area. Not sure if it's the same on deck 2. The only noise we heard was what sounded like hydraulics lowering the anchor. We felt no vibration at all. I think the cabin you have does look like it will be a little bigger than more midship. Now I have also been on another ship (NCL Majesty, small ship) very forward in rough weather and did feel the waves banging and felt the up and down motion. I take Bonine every night and the motion never bothered me. I would stay with the cabin you have and save the $160.

Archived