Glittery top....HELP!!!!!

sharod

OK, go ahead and throw rotten tomatoes at me, I bought a glittery top. And, yes, it sheds.

Is there anything I can do to stop the shedding of the glitter???? If not, I will return it. My daughter has a nice top with glitter on it that doesn't shed, why:confused: ? I just couldn't pass up the sale price and it is very pretty, not over the top (no pun intended:p ).

I don't want to sit in someone elses glitter as much as they don't want to sit in mine. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

I took mine outside and shook it really good and then lightly sprayed with hair spray. It helped a lot. I think I got the idea from here. I still intend to pack it in its own seperate plastic bag.

OK, I shook it, sprayed it, now I am waiting for it to dry. We'll see how well the glitter stays place.

I've placed items like this in the dryer before, I don't think I'd want hairspray all over my clothes. But, I've never tried it before, so I suppose I shouldn't knock it ;) !

Make sure to pack this in its own plastic dry cleaner bag and tie the end, or you'll have glitter all over everything in the case. On the way home, either back into the dry cleaner bag, or its own ziploc bag.

I have one glittered item that I haven't given away and it stays inside a plasitc dry cleaner bag in the closet. It's the only thing in my closet stored in plastic, as storing clothes this way is not good for fabric.

One other thing, I have vacuumed glittery items and that has helped a lot :)

Archived