Your Number One Money Saving Tip

Well the way to spend the least amount of money on a cruise would be to leave the wife home.:D :D

I loved the thought behind it...however not so sure the mrs. would bye on to the idea.... Hell who am I kidding she would kill me with "THE LOOK" :)

But it was a fun idea while it lasted....wait I hear her coming now...

"yes dear, you're absolutly right dear, whatever you say dear....yes dear.....

32 years and trying for 33 :)

Dan

You two would be at complete loss w/o your lovely wives and you know it. ;) but you can always dream. :D

HAVE FUN - you don't ever know when you will cruise again so always enjoy it. Saving money is great but be careful it doesn't ruin the fun.. Debbie

This is so important to remember thanks for saying it.

Really paying attention the excursions has saved us so much money. W have done some fantastic private guides and saved money and made our table mates extremely envious.

• 2 weeks later...
You two would be at complete loss w/o your lovely wives and you know it. ;) but you can always dream. :D

I can't argue your thought process. But I stand by the comment that I would spend less money!!!!! Miss her Oh course! Spend less.... without a doubt.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Where to check?? Thanks for the advice. ;)

One possibility:

RCL has online savings certificates if you are a member of Crown and Anchor Society (cruised with RCL before and joined) and have a MyCruises account (free). Discounts vary by membership level, cruise cabin category and length of cruise.

• 9 months later...

Parking at a privately owned parking facility outside the airport before the precruise flight. It has a roof over parking area, self-park or valet. Unload my bags and a van comes by, picks me up and drops me off at my gate inside the airport.

I can usually print a discount coupon online. With or without a coupon, it's much cheaper than long term parking inside the airport. :D

• 2 weeks later...

On ebay they are selling Royal Caribbean onboard coupon booklets for Platinum, Gold and Diamond members.

Are they legit? Will I get "proofed" if I buy and use these if I am not a member for the level which the coupons are intended?:confused:

Will I go to jail?:eek:

know on Carnival u do need the dd214 & a minimum # of years of service (short period of time, don't recall exact...think 2 years plus?)...

it's been awhile since we got the friends & family deal (where u can buy 2 extra cabins @ same rate); is it still offered? Im thinking last time i noticed was last month or 2 of year:confused:

NCL sales rep told me we'd qualify for their military too, despite hubby only serving during vietnam, not sure if valid or he was just trying to make a sale lol

Atlantis/Nassau - if you want to do the aqua-adventure, beach & dig more cheaply that the ship's excursions, check out Comfort Suites/across the street. basically, book 1 night & get the wristbands for up to 4 peeps per room. Lots of different rate codes out there...best i found for our date in Oct is $140+...figure even w/taxi OOP we're saving a bundle:)

We are driving to Tampa for our cruise in November. Several posters have mentioned free cruise parking or staying at a hotel where you can "park & sail"?

Any recs? Where do you find these places?

Many thanks!

see port of tampa thread:)

know the doubletree offers along with many others, good luck

• 2 weeks later...

For the military rate - not all cruises lines are the same - Carnival offers veterans with 2yrs service the military rate. Most of the others require active duty or retired military. Also military rate is not available on every cruise.

For the military rate - not all cruises lines are the same - Carnival offers veterans with 2yrs service the military rate. Most of the others require active duty or retired military. Also military rate is not available on every cruise.

so, does anybody here know for sure if just the DD214 is still valid for military when booking NCL?

so, does anybody here know for sure if just the DD214 is still valid for military when booking NCL?

Go to ***** dot com and look on the right side and click on military discounts. It will show you who gives military discounts.

Go to ***** dot com and look on the right side and click on military discounts. It will show you who gives military discounts.

thanks, im aware of that:) moreso was questioning the info i was given by NCL rep (who was trying to close the deal lol) as to a DD214 being a-0K, when everything else i've seen in print re military for that line referenced retired or active;)

They never reduce the price of pictures. Think about it everybody would wait until the last minute. They would rather throw them away than reduce the price. They have been doing this for ever and they know they make more money selling less for more money. If you don't want to buy them use their back drops. I just got off a Scandanavia Russia cruise. I was on a carribean cruise 6 months ago and they raised the pric of pictures about 4 dollars. That is on every cruise. I take my free ones for being a diamond member and let them throw the rest away. We let them take any shot they want and pick the best. Now they need a lens that takes a few pouinds off.

We are sailing out of Venice on the Grand Princess on Oct. 29, stopping in Debrovnick, Corfu, Athens, Mykonnos, Rhodes, Kusadasi, Santorini, Naples, and ending in Rome. We would like to save money by taking a private tour but can someone give me the name of a reliable and knowledgeable local tour company or a private tour guide in any of these places.

Also, would anyone else reading this going on this cruise be interested in sharing a private tour guide to save money?

Please respond to bcnathanson@verizon.net. thank you.

Archived