Noordam Internet Access in Suites?

JDRMYS

I'm sure that this topic has been covered before, but I can't find the proper thread. My question is if the Noordam has internet access (WiFi of otherwise) for laptops available in SB suites. Unfortunately, I have to be in touch with my office and my clients even while on vacation. The 2 cruise lines that we take most often (Regent Seven Seas and Seabourn) have internet access available in almost all of their accomodations and it has been very useful to be able to be connected without having to go to the internet center or other specific areas of the ship.

We'll be taking our first HAL cruise in January and are looking forward to it very much. Our TA took us on board the Noordam for lunch last March and we were very impressed with this beautiful ship. We are also thrilled to be sailing from a pier that is only a 5 minute taxi ride from our home. Going to the tropics without taking an airplane will be a very great pleasure.

We just got off the Noordam today after a wonderful cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.

We were in an SA suite - and there is no in-room internet access. There are hot spots on the ship (including the Neptune Lounge) and there is an internet cafe, but the connection everywhere is agonizingly slow - and the cost amazingly high. Supposedly there is dial-up sevice available in each stateroom, but we didn't even bother trying.

Just checking work email on a daily basis was somewhat frustrating...

but after a few days, it didn't seem to matter as much.....

Thanks for the fast replies. I doesn't seem to be an ideal situation, but I'm sure that I'll cope with it. If this were my worst problem, I would be the world's luckiest man! In any case, I'm very much looking forward to this cruise -- even though I got off one only 3 weeks ago. I am really addicted.

All four Vista ships have dial-up ports in every cabin, at about 14 Kbps. However, on the Noordam in June there was a billing software problem, so that anyone who dared try it paid $13/min !!!! :D I'm very surprised that hasn't been fixed by now.

Archived