List of Things to Pack, compiled from other threads...

gizmo

Flatwallet, you're welcome. I'm glad you can get gradient compression socks. For almost anyone who is traveling they're a smart thing to have ... though you won't need the highest compression, the lower compression socks are really good too. I have to wear the highest compression for my condition.

Make sure you've been flat on your back with your legs level with, or higher than, your heart for at least 20 minutes prior to putting them on. Every morning I awaken, shower, then lie back down for 20 - 30 minutes to let the pressure re-equalize in my legs before I put on a pair of socks. They're tight, and it can take an effort, but it's worth it.

You can wear a pair twice before you really should wash them. I wash 'em by hand, 2 or 3 pair at a time, in hot water with soap, and then let them dry over night. I've got about 9 pair of them, with the oldest being 3 years old and the newest being about 6 weeks. The oldest pair doesn't compress quite as well as they did when I first bought them, but they still work well for lower-active days. On my next cruise I'll probably buy a new pair and take my 5 newest pair -- that way I'll only have to hand-wash 'em all once while on the cruise.

Archived